Hillary Inn [Closed]

10:44:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

My fren suggested to check out Hillary Inn as it offers tarot reading service, other than the normal dine-in.  Well, sound interesting huh? At least, it seems to be first of its kind in Singapore...



Cafe from outside

It looks ordinary from the outside,  not apparent that they provide the "extra service"...

And you nod your head with me.. Yeah, now you know huh? Keke

And the name Hillary sounds like an ang mo guy. Who will thought that it offers floral/ fruit tea , snow ice and tarot reading?? Totally mismatch lah! =p


Cafe from inside

*********

We were just curious about the tarot reading, so we dint plan to have a full meal here. Anyway, the menu is kind of limited. Variety is not impressive if you ask me.

Well the "lure" is not on the variety, but rather the concept. Beside tarot reading, the food is categorised  into different elements, namely fire, water, earth, gold and wood. There is also this chart that recommends you the elements that are suitable for you according to your blood group.

A quick summary of the various blood types, quoted from the menu:

O Group:
Recommended: Meat, seafood; Water, Earth, Gold
Not Recommended: Bread, noodles, biscuit, pork, dairy products ( Shit, I loved dairy products! ~_~) etc; Fire, Earth, Wood

A Group:
Recommended: Vegetable, grains, beans; Wood, Earth, Fire
Not Recommended: Beef, pork, mutton, dairy products, eggs etc ; Gold, Water

B Group:
Recommended: Vegetables, fruits, low fat dairy products,eggs, fish etc; Water, Earth, Fire
Not Recommended: Chicken, duck, pork, shelled seafood, corn, nuts etc ; Gold, Earth, Wood

AB Group:
Recommended: Low fat dairy products, vegetables, tea, tofu, fish etc; Wood, Gold, Fire
Not Recommended: Chicken, duck, pork, corn, shelled seafood etc ; Water, Earth, Wood

Dun ask me why are some of the elements in both the "Recommnended" and "Not Recommended" list... I also dunno! I went to this place quite some time back liao lah.. how to remember? If you are there, maybe you can ask and let me know, so that I can update this entry. Hehe

Floral/Fruit Tea - $7.80

The floral/fruit tea was normal, and you can probably share it with another fren.

California Charcoal Grape Vinegar - $2.50

I heard that fruit vinegar is good for complexion, so I was quite keen to try when I realised they sell vinegar shots here. It is very expensive, selling at $2.50 for the amount  which I can  easily gulp down in a mouthful. That was precisely why I choose to drink it sip by sip, as least try to "prolong" the drinking mah... It's a method to hypnotize myself !! LOL

Taste wise, a bit sweet and sour, which was very refreshing. I liked it, but I will like it even better if they charge less or give a bigger portion. The shot will be served together with a big ice cube, coz some people may find it too acidic to drink it "on the rocks". But if you like it, then drink it all before the ice melts lah! 

Btw, they also sell the vinegar by bottles as well, but I find it too expensive to buy. Cant remember how much exactly, but if you are keen, just ask the staff bah..

To remain youthful is such an expensive chore!! ~_~

Baby Clam Chowder - $7.80

My fren ordered the soup to try. Again, I need to stress here ~ food and beverage are probably not their selling point. Need I say more?

***********

Ok, let's just move on to the more "interesting" part ~ Tarot Readings

If you are keen to have your tarot readings, you can just approach the staff. I cant remember the full price list, but as a gauge, my fren choose the cheapest option, which is $18 for one question. 

Heh, I can also read your "future" if you are going for the readings.. You gonna be much poorer! HAHHAHA.. =p

The reading was conducted by this young taiwanese lady (I think so, coz of her accent). She will ask you to pick some cards, then from the cards she will briefly talk about your past, present and future. Well, it's not really strictly one question and answer. Rather, you can probably probe a bit more here and there, but of coz, about the same topic lah. The whole session will take place in a private room, and probably took about 30mins.

Is it accurate? Give me a few months, probably I can update this entry coz my fren still waiting for the future predictations to come true... =)

In short, food and beverage are passable, in fact probably can give it a miss. However, if you like to try out  the tarot readings, why not? For the sake of curiosity and fun... 

********

HILLARY INN
Venue: Vivo City, #01-104/105
Contact: 6376 9626

0 comments: