Day 3 - Asahikawa Heiwa Dori Shopping Park

10:08:00 PM Unknown 1 Comments

We were in Hokkiado in mid February, so in fact we spent our first Valentine's Day overseas! <3

Here, you can find pretty cakes & chocolates selling in the big department stores almost everywhere at Asahikawa Heiwa Dori Shopping Park.



In Japan, it's the girls who will give chocolate gifts to the guys and the guys will return the favour by giving gifts one month later, called the White Day. Other than those ready made chocolates, you can also find lotza accessories, ready-pack ingredients and lovely packaging for the Japanese girls to make chocolates on their own.

And guess what, my bf decided to follow the local custom and so I'm still waiting for my Vday gift wor.. *tapping fingers*

Okay okay, to be fair, I dint buy chocolates for him.. I bought chocolates to share among us. Hahahha..


I bought this chocolate assortment with the brand name called "Mei Dong" which was another product by the Ishiya White Chocolate Factory. I think this was pretty normal leh. My favourite is the White Chocolate with Marron. The other two is Black Chocolate with Blueberry & Milk Chocolate with Cameral.

Something to applause the Japanese, the packaging are all so pretty!

*******

We dint find shopping in the department stores interesting as everything was so expensive. Living standards in Japan is super high! A simple shorts can cost like Yen 4000, OMG. But I have to admit, the quality and design are so much better. If I'm not cash strapped, I will definitely buy! =p

So no shopping for us and with an hour to kill before lunch, we just strolled down the Heiwa streets, which happened to hold the Asahikawa Winter Festival ~ Lotza amazing ice scrulptures!


Haha, this particular snowman looked kinda cute in a pathetic manner, with its thick eye brows and a "broken arm"..  =p



Click on the picture to view clearer!
 


Click on the picture to view clearer!
 
The ice scrulptures were amazing. They were huge in size and fine in details. You can imagine how much efforts and time had been put into making these scrulptures, superior workmanship! It was a pity that they couldnt last forever.


Keroppi! Long time no see! Hehe..


Hello Kitty? Oh well, seemed to be distorted liao... Poor Kitty...


Lunch was not fantastic. Buffet lunch at this cafeteria in one of the shopping building. Well, what to do, part of the tour package mah. Personally, I will prefer to settle my lunch on my own! At least, I get to choose what I wanna eat.. *Shrugged*

After lunch, we proceeded to Kitanomori Ice Pavilion - in the next entry. Watch out for it!

Ending off with scenary pictures on the road...





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a really good writing..