Updates from True Spa/Subtle Senses

9:15:00 PM Unknown 5 Comments

I just came back from TS/SS. Totally disgusted.  >.<

There are discrepancies between what was communicated to us last week & today. Last week, Eileen said that we would be given 3 yrs from now to finish our package. Today, she told us the expiry was 3 yrs from the time that we signed up with TS. I had signed up with TS in 2008, which means my expiry date was 2011, which was impossible to finish my balance of 30+ body massages. She even pointed out that it was not SS's fault if we dint use our package. In other words, she was implying that IT WAS MY FAULT.. Kaoz..

Com'on, we were told that the package was lifetime at the time of sign up. Dubz... Anyway out of goodwill, she extended it to 2012, which was effectively 2 yrs. So kind huh? Phew..

Last week, she told us that we can have both body massage and facial. Today, she said it had to be purely body massage or purely facial. Initally, I thought if I can have both body massage and facial, I can use 2 session at 1 go, which means I can finish my package faster. Apparently, now I cant do that.

I voiced my concern about the booking of appointment. Eileen said that it has become better. I went to the counter to book, guess what.. fully booked for body massage for the whole month of Sept, including weekday and I cant book for October because it is not opened for appointments yet. This means I cant make any appointment at all even when I was physically there. Phew Again!

Deep down, I oreadi know that I probably wont be able to get my full value of the remaining balance back. I totally understand that SS had brought over the shit from TS, which god knows, why? And I know that I have unevitably become a "second class citizen".

Then again, why gave us empty promises?  If I know Eileen gonna changed her words, I would have settled it last week and not to make a second trip today.

My advice to all, Do Not Sign Up For ANY Package. It seems to be a trend for spa palour etc to close their doors on customers. Is that how they earn huh? Is it ethical at all?

I would rather go Batam and just pay $100+ for a hotel room and a 3 hour massage, with no commitment at all, and definitely zero risk of default payment.

Grrrr....

P.S If anyone of you pursuing the case of claiming your money back from TS/SS, please include me. Let's do it together!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm also a frustrated ex-TS member who experienced the same situation as you. Unanswerable calls, impossible to book weekends slots, apathetic sales consultant...SS management is unable to cope with the large pool of customers and we as consumers have to pay money to suffer.
I've brought my case to Small Case Tribunal as I know it can't be resolved. I will need a list of witness and hope that you can assist me in the fight against TS. Can you PM at bimorphia@hotmail.com? Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Josephine

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley,
you are not alone :) although I have took a different approach for this unpleasant event, I went to CASE, and now Small Claim Tribunal.
FYI: TrueSpa will not response to CASE (at least for my case).
I eventually got to see them via Small Claim Tribunal, and we can't log a case as a group, it have to be individual. however, we need you assistance as a witness if you could offer, we can support each other this way...

u may contact me : redplanet@fastmail.com

Unknown said...

Hi all,

FYI, I did not email to the above 2 comments.

Call me skeptical by nature, but I dun wan end up with a lot of junk mails by emailing to anonymous...lol

If anyone really wanna help the "victims" like us, please say exactly what are the steps, who to contact. It will be even better if you can share your experience of a successful claim!

Ashley

Anonymous said...

Hi, there is a facebook group - victims of true spa subtle senses. this is created to gather all victims of true spa subtle senses for collective action.

please join if you are one of us.
thank you! there is strength in numbers.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley, go to this facebook group, all steps mentioned there. Quite a number are successful in the SCT claims, TS has yet to pay up.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=124591730930570#!/home.php?sk=group_170620749615018&view=docs

Depending on your balance, if the sum is <$1000, you can redeem from some spas listed in http://sbwa.com.sg, starting Jan 2011 for TS victim.