Black Earth

2:38:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I was surfing for makan place and chanced upon Black Earth, and off we went to check out this new kid at Joo Chiat road. =)

P.S I went to Black Earth quite some time ago.. so it was relatively new at that time.. now probably old kid liao... whahahahah


Presenting.... BLACK EARTH




We were having difficulties in finding parking lot here and thinking of changing place to have our dinner. Then, my bf suggested for me to check out the place before deciding whether to go somewhere else.

Well, the appearance of the resturant did seem appealing to me. Kinda french style, with a very clean look.

A look at the menu displayed beside the door ~ I'm Soooo going in!

I think a price range of $16 - $22 for a 4 course dinner is quite reasonable. Even family resturant like Swensen and Jack Place are charging at that price range. But here, I will be able to enjoy reasonable priced food in a more relaxing environment, less away the noisy kids.. =p

A smart move to display the menu at the door indeed! Because it attracts people like me who prioitize reasonableness in pricing! Keke


A paronomic view of the resturant

I like the simpicity of its black and white design. The white painted wall with large window makes the place look so clean, bright and sunny.

*******

4 Course Set Dinner  Menu

1) Soup of the Day

2) Main Course of your choice

- Poached Chicken Roulade with Mushroom served with Mango Sauce $16

- Poached Fillet of Snapper with Ginger Lime Sauce $18

- Sirloin Steak with Salsa served with Honey Mustard Sauce $20

- Pan Seared Lamb Rack served with Tarragon Sauce $22

- Spaghetti Pomodoro ( Herbal TOmato Sacue) $16

3) Dessert

4) Coffee or Tea

*******



Soup of the Day

This was meant to be pumpkin soup, as told by the serving staff. However, strangely, we couldnt trace any evidence of pumpkin..

After a few spoonful, it striked me that the soup actually tasted like curry! But I'm not complaining here, because the soup tasted rather nice, coupled with the freshly baked garlic bread.



Sirloin Steak

The chef was rather generous in the serving, accompanied with lotza vegetable and potato. The beef itself was chewy and tender, rather worthwhile!



Poached Chicken Roulade

This was actually chicken sausage, erm.. which was hidden by the vegetable and garnishes on top. This was passable to me,  since I am no fans of sausages. To me, sausages are merely leftover part of the meat, mashed together and pumped into a skin container.. and Ta Da... you got yourself a sausage!

Oops, please dun phew out the sausage if you happen to be eating one now, while reading my blog.. =p



Icecream dessert + coffee/tea after dinner


We realised people were going upstairs through a door, while we were having our dinner. Out of curiosity, we followed suit after dinner.....



Chey, nothing really fanciful. There is this mini concert hall, which I dunno, perhaps the owner is some kind of musician? I never ask lah...



And a small alfresco dining area, which is obviously not recommended in the current erratic hot and raining weather now.. Hoho..

Oh ya, the toilet is upstair as well... =)

Overall, I think the food is value for money and the service is good with friendly staff  =)

********

BLACK EARTH
Venue: 367 Joo Chiat Road
Contact: 6346 4558

0 comments: