Rakuzen @ Millenia Walk

9:28:00 PM Unknown 2 Comments

RAKUZEN
Venue: Millenia Walk #01-14/19
Contact: 6333 1171

********


We went Millenia Walk to have our gals night outing when we decided that Suntec and Marina Square are simply 2 overcrowded shopping malls! Given that there is a stretch of restaurants just across the road opposite Suntec Convention Hall, why bother to queue for a dining place. That is of coz, assuming you have not make a reservation lah.

There are vietnamese, japanese, italian, german resturants here at Millenia Walk.. Kinda hard to decide if you are just looking at the vareties. So we let the price made the decision for us and ended up at Rakuzen. It is a pretty nice place, looks quite classy. Surprisingly the lunch/dinner sets are priced decently. The ala carte menu is more expensive, but not rocket high. Needless to say, we all ordered set dinners, being the first visit and less the hassle of browing through the ala carte menu...
Our cold green tea served in beer mugs! Cheers to good health!
Beef Teppanyaki Set - $18++

If you have been following my blog, you should realise I love beef!!!!!! I can almost imagine myself biting the backside of the cow when it tries to escape.. Hohoho...The beef teppanyaki set was definitely my first choice, still need to ask one meh?? =p

The set came with teppanyaki beef with bean sprouts, chawanmushi, an appetizer, garlic rice, miso soup and a dessert ( watermelon with Konnyaku Jelly). I said this was rather worthwhile! ^_^

If you super big appetite, you can top up the dinner set with a plate of 6 sushi or sashimi, and the total price is approximately $25++ ( I cant really remember, should be more or less around $25++).
The beef cubes were really chewy. On a side note, I went back Rakuzen second time and ordered again, the beef teppanyaki set. Hey, dun say I'm boring person okay. I'm just being very loyal... Keke.

Anyway, I find the beef cubes were slightly harder aka overcooked, so the standard is not very consistent lah. I suppose you can request medium rare if you like your beef to be slightly bloody like me! I realize that my bf lugi if he shares beef on stizzling plate with me. Coz hor, I will start eating the beef before it is really cooked, while he will wait until the beef is not so red, whatever remains.. Wahahhaha..

And ya, stir fried bean sprouts is a nice touch to add on a well-balanced meal! On its own, bean sprouts taste rather awful. I will usually picked them out from my beef noodles, fish ball noodles etc. But hor, when they are stirred fried, with oil, salt, pepper and garlic, i.e the teppanyaki style, super nice! Hehe

The chawanmushi was also very smooth, with no air bubbles. The garlic rice came in surprise, since most of the time you probably need to top up to get garlic rice. Here, it is just part of the set! No additional cost. Overall, it's quality food with a reasonable price!

*******

Orders of my friends....
Nabeyaki Set -$16

This was ordered by my fren. Similarly, it came with chawanmushi, a side dish, fruit and miso soup.
Unagi Set - $18

Erm, my friend ordered the set with the top up of sashimi, cant really remember whether the price is before or after the top up. Dun blame me if I got the price wrong! =p

We unanimously agreed that the unagi was HUGEEEE... The chef so generous hor? Hhaha

Salmon Set - $18

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good points and the details are more precise than elsewhere, thanks.

- Murk

Unknown said...

Glad you find it useful! ^_^