Baking Fun ~ The Actualisation

10:17:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

I must say baking a log cake doesn't seem as easy as eating it! It took us almost 4 hour to finish making the Green Tea Log Cake.  Now I understand why log cakes are so expensive ~ too much effort!

There was so much "hard work" behind every log cake and so many steps involved. I seriously hope that I can remember how to do it!

There were basically 3 main "mixture" to make before "combining" everything together to form the log cake you see. 


Green tea sponge cake mixture
The main body of the log cake, doesnt look very pretty here but wait till you scroll to the end. Keke


Whip cream mixture

The "snow" on the log cake and the "plaster" to cover all the cha da (burnt) part of the log cake. =p


Cream cheese filling mixture

Filling for the sponge cake. Made of cheese, butter, sugar & whipped cream. Ya, I know fattening but then it tasted really yummy.

I shan't bored you further with the step by step procedures (e.g. weighing the ingredients, blending, folding and blah blah blah), instead I shall zoom into the more fun part ~ decorating the log cake!


Our sponge cake straight from the oven! Even thought it was a bit burnt on the surface ( but I think it looked better with the brown skin), it smelt really nice hor.. Dun play play!



Shinni (our teacher of the day) showing us how to roll the sponge cake into a swiss roll. Just spread the cheese cream filling like jam on bread, and just ROLL...


Da-da, my swiss roll.

I know it was not aligned lah, but I thought it was good at my first attempt! Dun judge me!



Have you ever wonder how the "branch" on the log cake is made?

Just use whipped cream to "glue" a slice of the swiss roll on top of the log, as simple as that. 


Shinni demonstrating drawing log line using white chocolate on dark chocolate.



Drawing line is too common! I decided to draw a pig and wrote my name. Creative huh?


Using the whipped cream as a concealer, my swiss log had turned into a pretty log cake!

Finally, presenting the end results... ^_^








Can you spot which one is mine?? Hehe



Are you interested to learn how to make a cake? Contact Shinni for more details!


Makan time!

Tasted quite good, even thought it didnt really taste like green tea, tasted more like pandan cake less the fluffiness. Haha

0 comments: