Neighbourhood Food Galore

10:58:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Pine Garden's Cake
Venue: Blk 529 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10
#01-2369 S560529
Contact: 6456 3552
Website:www.pgcake.com
I always love cakes but cakes are priced so expensive,  a small slice of cake can easily cost me $5! And that's not even filling to substitute as a meal.  ~_~

Hey, that's why I decided that learning how to make one will definitely saved me a lot of money in the future. Read about my baking experience here!

Anyway, here's a place for cheap & good cakes -> Pine Garden's Cake.

I realised that it is very near to where I've stayed 20 years ago, but I dunno such a place then. Such an irony that now I have to drive all the way there just to buy a cake when it used to be so near me. 

Particularly adored the Lychee Martini, which came with a strong lychee flavor and lotza of lychee meat. And if you are worry about the martini, fear not! It's so mild that you probably wont know it.

Oh yeah, they even have "exotic" flavour like Pulut Hitam cake! ^_^


Lao Bao Soya Bean Curd
Venue: Old Airport Road Hawker Centre

This is the start of the soya bean curd craze at Old Airport Road Hawker Centre.  The queue at the stall is ridiculously long. To manage the crowd, they even have 2 or 3 stalls at the same hawker centre. And I'm not even counting the competitor stalls selling similar bean curd.

The bean curd here really tasted very different from the traditional one, so I dun think it's fair to compare this with the normal soya bean curd. I will still have my usual craving for the traditional plain & smooth bean curd, topped with sweet syrup. 

Here, the soya beancurd tastes more like solidified soya milk. Dun believe me? Try leaving it in the open or just stir it, until you see some liquid residue. The liquid tasted exactly like soya milk. 

Like it or not, all up to individuals. It just offers another variety of soya bean curd, besides the traditional one and the egg bean curd. Coolz!

0 comments: