Bear Bites [Closed]

10:41:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

BEAR BITES 熊の食
Venue: 2 Orchard Link #02-42 *Scape

**********
Cute bear paw bun, wow! How to resist?

I saw this being advertised on the TV and decided to check this out with a friend. According to the TV program, Bear Bites originated from Taiwan, even the buns are made in Taiwan and air-flown to Singapore, seems authentic enuff! *Beaming with anticipation*

The place is not big and is outdoor (opposite Toast Box), so can you imagine dining under the hot sun in the afternoon. We were practically trying to finish the food in lightning speed! I guess it's a better choice to tabao/pack away if you are coming here for lunch. Anyway, here probably can only accommodate about 10plus people, not big in the first place.
To order:
  1. Select your meat between chicken or fish. 
  2. Followed by the sauce for the meat which ranges from mushroom, tartar, thai, honey mustard, black pepper, golden cheese.
  3. Finally, choose your the bun flavour from the selection of milk, brown sugar, oat, yam, curry, squid ink and strawberry.
We ordered the  chicken set which is $7.80 that comes along fries and bottled polka drinks. Pay an additional $1 for cheese fries.  Sigh, I wish they have more "Taiwanese" drinks like bubble teas or Aiyu.  Bottled polka is such a spoiler! >.<
Frankly, I was really disappointed with the food.  Other than its cute appearance which will look good in pictures, I cant really say what's good.  I ordered the brown sugar bun which tasted like normal bun, the chicken was not crispy and the fries was nothing close to mention.

Before coming here, I have considered to order both the savory bun and the sweet bun (flavoured bun with gelato), and even thought of packing away some for my hubby and friend. However, since the chicken didn't turned out crispy when I was dining there, I reckoned that it would be worse if I packed away.  

Long story cut short, food was really normal, but considering the price, I guess it's still worth a try.  Just dun go there with high expectation like me. Sobzzz..

If you ask me whether I will try again, ya why not?  Next time round I will order the pink (strawberry) one, coz I think pink colour looks good on photo. =p

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: