New Kid on the Block! Presenting The Belgaufre

1:33:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments


THE BELGAUFRE
Venue: Pomo, #01-22, Selegie Road

**********

Calling waffle lovers out there, a new waffle place is in town! 

Literally.... ^_____^

The Belgaufre is conveniently located at the newly renovated Pomo, which is just a few minutes walk from Dhoby Ghaut MRT. If you think Plaza Singapura is always packed with people, why not check out Pomo when currently the traffic flow is still manageable? I think it's a good alternative for lunch too, yup they serve food here also!

You can choose from liege or brussel waffle here. I didnt know there are different type of waffles until I went Belgaufre. Not bad sia, learnt sth here.

I extracted the following from Wikipedia:
  • Brussels waffles ~ They are lighter, crisper and have larger pockets compared to other European waffle varieties, and are easy to differentiate from Liège Waffles by their rectangular sides. In Belgium, most waffles are served warm by street vendors and dusted with confectioner's sugar, though in tourist areas they might be topped with whipped cream, soft fruit or chocolate spread. 
  • The Liège waffle is a richer, denser, sweeter, and chewier waffle. Native to the greater Wallonia region of Eastern Belgium – and alternately known as gaufres de chasse (hunting waffles) – they're an adaptation of brioche bread dough, featuring chunks of pearl sugar which caramelize on the outside of the waffle when baked. It is the most common type of waffle available in Belgium and prepared in plain, vanilla and cinnamon varieties by street vendors across the nation.

Waffles here is really affordable, ranging from $2 to $4+, then add a scope of ice-cream for $2.5. Tastewise, the waffles here tend to be on the softer side, although I prefer mine more crispy. Then again, it's really individual preference. 

I like the generous serving of toppings here, which made the waffles more interesting. And dont you think the ice-cream scoop seemed to be "bullying" the waffles? Not that I'm complaining, I adore dessert places that give big scoop of ice-cream! Hehe
Durian Cream Cheese Cake - $3.90

I love this! I'm a weird durian lover - I like durian cake, durian puff, durian ice cream but.... I dont like to eat the fruit itself coz I hate the after-eating-throat-feeling. =p

Here, the cream cheese cake is dense yet not too rich. You know, there are cheese cakes out there whereby they are so rich that you probably feel jerlat to finish 1 slice yourself. But the cream cheese cake with the cookie-like base here is just perfect and I can totally finish it myself if not that we are taught always to share good stuff. 

And the durian flavour is of the right consistency, not too overwhelming. Thumb up for this! 

Like I mentioned earlier, The Belgaufre serves super value set ( 1 main, 1 waffle plus drink) and only for $6.90??? It's totally worthwhile! 
Let's admit, it's more a dessert place so the main is expected not impressive. The spaghetti is probably sth you and I can whip out from our own kitchen. But com'on, looking at the price, I think we should just be 'forgiving'. Cannot be cheap and everything good and in city area, right? =p 
 Top out the waffle with ice-cream for just $2.50!
 Ham & Cheese Pizza
Otah Pizza

Belgaufre also serve mini pizza. Great for ladies who wanna have their dessert aka waffle after the meal without the guilt. 

Personally, I felt that the 'Ham&Cheese' flavour was pretty normal but the 'Otah' flavour was intriguing! And mind you, I dont even like spicy food normally. The only thing lacking is probably a thinner crust. Keke

Overall, I think the main attraction here will be the super attractive price range and the many variation of waffles. 

If you are in the vicinity, do drop by and support the young entrepreneurs!  ^_^(V)

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: