Hinoki

11:03:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

HINOKI
Venue: 22 Cross Street, #01-50/53, China Square Central 
Contact: 6536 7746

*******

"What you want to eat for lunch?"

"Anything lor..."

"What you want to eat for dinner?"

""Dont know leh... you decide"

"-____-"


Do all these sound so familiar? I bet they do!

I guess the smart Japanese chef therefore came up with this dining idea called 'omakase', which simply means "I'll leave it to you". There will be no menu, instead the chef will come up with innovative dishes, depending on what is seasonal. Now, the question is are you game enough to try whatever is being served

This was the first time I tried 'omakase' and seriously I didnt know what to expect! 
Appetiser
Uni with Egg Custard
Wild Vege with Bonito Broth
Cod Fish Sperm
The fish sperm was somehow challenging to finish. Taste wise kinda plain,texture was slimy and totally resembled a mini pig brain. Definitely not my kind of delicacy and obviously we didnt finish it.
Fresh Baby Eel with Mountain Yam

Oh no, another slimy item. =(
Flounder with Truffle Sauce
Tuna Belly
Scallop

Thank goodness, after the first 2 dishes, the rest of the items were more palatable.  

I really liked this dish which combined my two favourite items, scallop and tuna belly, and my first time trying flounder. Fresh ingredients which required minimal seasoning, very satisfying indeed. 
Fan Fried Wagyu Beef with Foie Gras
Spring Bamboo Shoot with Fresh Seaweed
Salt Grill Winter Bream
3 pieces of Specialty Nigiri Sushi and Horse Mackerel Mini Chirasi

This was another highlight of the day! I didnt know what were the aburi fish slices, but all of them tasted so good! I will definitely revisit Hinoki for its nigiri sushi!
Dessert
Japanese Musk Melon
Macha Mochi
Yuzu Sorbet

Finally, a delightful combination of typical japanese dessert to end the dinner. =)

We spent close to 2 hours to finish the 8 course dinner, which was priced close to $200 per pax. Although there were items that were too 'adventurous' for our liking, the overall experience was an enjoyable one.

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: