Botak Jones

7:27:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Haha.. cant imagine I'm blogging about a kopitiam stall. But then again, this is not just your normal ordinary stall. It has outlets all over Singapore, in fact all together six of them! I really pity the stalls beside Botak... Why? Obviously, most customers in the kopitiam come for Botak lor.

The food definitely are better than the normal western stalls. But I must stress, dun set your standards to that of Anges Steakhouse. Please lor... Ya going to pay for $6.50 for Fish & Chips or maybe $14.50 for a 200gm steak.. So for the price, they are good enuff! Be contented! Keke..




Sauces at your own preference:
Mustard, Tomato, Chilli and Vinegar? I never tried the Vinegar sauce though.. look hostile to me =p How should you match it with? Steak or Fish? Funni..

Big chunky steak with slightly spiced fries and colesaw @$14.50

My FAV!! The steak was nicely grilled and the size was generous too. I'm a CARNIVORE! Give me more meat!!! Well anyway, I prefer bloody steak.. so definitely a medium rare or medium for me. Dipped the steak into the mushroom sauce given.... Marvellous! Bing Bing Piang Piang lor! Somemore hor, the staff also gave large serving of fries and colesaw. The plate almost couldnt hold its content! 值得啦!

Fish & Chips @ $6.50

A steal at only $6.50! Again with overflowing colesaw and fries..


Chicken Hotdog Bun @ $6.50

This was huge too! I wonder, does the owner used to work for a giant's kitchen? Hoho..


The hotdog gave a firm texture, and charcoal-grilled. Try it if you wan something less meaty.

Although I got to queue at the counter to make my order, I found the service good considering the context in a kopitiam. Sauces, utensils and the food will be served to your tables. Staff was generally prompt to your request ( extra plates etc) and giving back your changes ( you only pay when food are served).

If you dun really like to dine in kopitiam, perhaps the Toa Payoh outlet will be your preferred choice. The whole canteen machiam turned itself into " Botak Cafe" at night as the other stalls are closed. Good for late night munching also as it closes late.

Update of Picture

Went to Botak Jones at Braddell/Toa Payoh ( near SPH) during lunch time and ordered the Botak burger. This cost $5.50 + $1 ( add cheese), note that the price is not inclusive of fries and salad. Well, I ka-po my colleagues' salad and fries mah.. hehe. Anyway, the service there was really fantastic! One of my colleague wanted to order salad only, which is $3 for a plate. But she had her meal oreadi so she asked whether there was any smaller portion. Guess wah? The sweet waiter came back with a small bowl of salad and it was free for her!! A round of applause for the superb service and generosity.. ^__^

************

BOTAK JONES ( American)
Venue: All around Singapore ( See website)
Website: http://www.botakjones.com/

0 comments: