OrchidVille

2:03:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

This place is all about orchids and more orchids! I guess the craze was created after the chinese drama starring Fann Wong & Thomas Ong. Thomas Ong was so handsome then.... * Drooling*

Anyway, the place is not just about selling orchids. It does provide farm tour, workshops such as flower arrangement and life sciences etc

There is also an eatery residing in the farm. Well, the concept is good.. you noe.. innovative forest-themed layout. However, they could have done it much better by having consistency throughout the whole area. One side of it is garden chairs and tables, the other side there is big round table that reminds me of a traditional chinese resturant....


Garden chairs and tables. Hard and cold, but at least it fits the theme?


The spoiler... Especially those behind

Foodwise.. they are mainly chinese food. I wont comment too much coz I think they are fairly okay, just that they reminded me of kopitiam ze cha. I tried the recommended tofu ( top-right hand in the picture below), soft and crispy outside.. But not so much surprises though...

The fish and chips was a result of communication that went hay-wire. We wanted fish as in fish that can eat with rice.. And the waitress recommended this, which we thought was fried fish nuggets or something like that. Ha..turned out to be FISH AND CHIPs...Dubz...

Perhaps, they could blend in floral dishes and teas as part of the menu. That would definitely complement the whole concept much better. =)

I guess I would prolly back for orchids purchases or flower arrangement bah, and give the resturant a miss... The flowers were much nicer... hehe

Interested in edu-farm trip right in Singapore? Get Details Here!

P.S. I went for dinner, so could not really go and see the actual orchid farms.. and oso pictures were taken with my 2mp camera phone..so bear with it... keke

0 comments: