Ice Cream Chef

7:59:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Happened to past by this ice cream shop when I was actually going to another dessert => Cheesecake Cafe the other day. Decided to go back again when few days later it was featured in Today. Since FATE had decided to bring us together... so there I went lor! Keke ( Wah Kao! You are thinking rite? Aiya..it's just another excuse for sweet stuff mah!)

The shop is not quite apparent unless you really look out for it while driving along East Coast Road. There is no distinctive landmark there, but it's beside some terrace houses... hehe.. Not much help huh? Aiya, East Coast Road is just a straight road, drive straight lor.. cant find, then U-turn, then drive straight again lor... keke


Anyway, the shop was quite empty when we reached there. And not long later, the crowd just kept flowing in... Trust Me. I somehow will "attract" crowd to shop. So calling food shop owners out there! Invite me for free meal!!!!


Procedure for ordering:

1) Decide the size you want : Regular ( $3.10) or Large ( Forgot, obviously I took regular)
2) Pick the flavour you like
3) Pick the mix-in you like ( $0.70 per mix-in)
4) Grab a seat and wait to be served ( really must grab, coz not much seats in the shop)

SO the so-called ice-cream chef will mix the selected ice-cream and the mix-in together. Well, for the price of $3.10, you actually can mix 2 ice-cream flavour together. But then I only knew that when I read the reviews made by others. Was NOT told when I made my order and it was not written anywhere to say that I can mix 2 ice-cream flavour at no additional cost. HUMPT!

My order: Watermelon icecream with corn flakes

This was quite good. Refreshing taste compared to the normal creamy kind and it was not that wickedly sweet. And the corn flakes made it even better! So my advice, choose mix-in that will give a crunchy texture to the ice-cream. Definitely taste better!

JW's order: Nutella icecream with Mashmallow

This will be those creamy ice-cream. Chocolately with bits of Nutella lump within the ice-cream. But the mashmallow dun blend with the ice-cream that well. Mashmallow was mashmallow. Ice-cream was ice-cream. The combination just dun gave you a complete picture.




Actually after the visit, an idea just popped up in my head. The innovative part is the mix-in. So prolly I can grab maybe a XXX brand ice-cream from the supermarket and mix in corn flakes ( and I can really pour in lotza lotza).. and TA TA!! Coz $3.80 for such a tiny cup is really not very affordable for someone who earns peanuts and eat peanuts.. =p

**************

ICECREAM CHEF

Venue: 520 East Coast Road #01-06
Contact: 6446 6355

0 comments: