Mooncake Craze!!

1:08:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

For the benefit of my "international" readers, it's Mooncake Festival aka Mid-Autumn Festival soon! The festival falls on lunar calendar 15th August, which happens to be on next sunday, 14th September. Usually, chinese festivals come with stories but I'm not going to tell stories here lah, just go Goggle and search yourself okay? Be good ar.... I'm more interested in EATING .. erm.. I mean mooncake tasting ( got 'class' one) ^_^

Usually I bought mooncakes from Raffles the Plaza, their snow-skinned truffle mooncakes are all so yummy!! But then, time to switch and give other hotels a chance... * Drums rolling* This year I have chosen => Goodwood Hotel... * clapping*

Seems that most of the hotels have introduced fruity flavours such as durian and mango this year. Since Goodwood is famous for all their durian goodies ( cakes, crepes etc), I should just get from only the BEST right?

Assortment includes Mango with Pomelo, Yam with Red Dates, Jackfruit & DURIAN!

To save the trouble of deciding what to get, I just get assortment which contains every flavour! Yeah!


The BEST ~ Durian! Contains real durian meat!

Mango with Pomelo

Yam with Red Date

Jackfruit

Indeed, the durian mooncake had not failed me.. It was super good! The snow-skinned tasted like mochi ( QQ), and the durian meat tasted just right, not too sweet, not too bitter. Next in line, was the mango flavour, which I seriously thought it was mango pudding wrapped with snow-skin. Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot. But isnt it a bit too expensive to buy mango pudding at $10 ( each mooncake cost around $10)?

As for Yam & Jackfruit, I dun really like them. Felt that the taste was too overwhelming. My mum said they were good though. Apparently, the Yam flavour is back because of high demand, so I guess it's just that I have a unique taste bud bah... hahaha



The mooncakes were packed nicely in a yellow box and the hotel also gave a cooler bag. How thoughtful! But then, I'm not too sure whether the cooler bag comes with a minimum purchase coz I bought 2 boxes lah...

0 comments: