Carousel

11:27:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

After much raving about Carousel as " The-Line-comparable-at-a-cheaper-price", I decided to try it myself! Another round of buffet!!!

Pondering: How am I suppose to slim down when I'm always given the opportunity to eat?? -__- |||ANYWAY.......



CAROUSEL
Venue: 25 Scotts Road, Royal Plaza ( Beside DFS)
Contact: 6589 7799

 *********

At the entrance => Evidence that I was really not at The Line!


I was accompanied by 5 other comrades ~ Join me as we embarked the journey to never- return => Weight gain at Bull Stock Market rate ( if only my stocks are appreciating at the same rate... Haiz)

Was playing with my Sony camera functions, which can add effects like the photo above instantaneously using the camera without PS, cool right? But Carousel is really sweet and thoughtful by giving each of us our own utensil rack. By doing so, we will be able to find our fork & spoon real fast. I'm not sure whether it happens to you. But speaking of my own experience, when I'm fighting to eat shelled seafood such as crab, prawns etc, I tend to anyhow place my utensil or drop it or accidentally cleared away by the waiter. In this case, the utensil rack is really helpful! Nice gesture!


Seafood Counter

If you've read my blog before, you would know I always "attack" the seafood first!! Who will go to buffet and eat vegetable, of coz must eat the expensive stuff mah!!

The chefs were busy working ( washing, defrosting seafood) when I decided to take a picture of them. This guy was really friendly who actually posed for me. There was another guy who was too shy and moved away when he realised I was taking THEIR photo.

"You think you can escaped?????? HOHOHOHOHO.... I caught you anyway! "

( See the previous photo.... =p )

Enuff drooling of the guys, save your saliva for the real goodies!! Close-up of the seafood courtesy of ME!

Boiled Tiger Prawn

Mud Crabs

Crayfish

Mussels

Scallops

Sweet Clams

Carousel really has a wide variety of seafood to offer, probably even more than The Line. Well, I mean the NORMAL Line, not the Seafood Harvest night. Since I mentioned Seafood Harvest, I'm now bursting with excitement and I really got to share this good news with all!!!

I

AM

GOING

TO

THE

SEAFOOD HARVEST NIGHT OF THE LINE!


Yeah, another round of buffet!!

"What again??"

* Annoyed look*

"It's different, okay? It's The Line, Seafood Harvest night hor hor hor"

I heard that there will be free-flow of champagne and lotza of seafood ( obviously)... Mmmmm... Can't wait to go!

Pretty clam and shell

Pretty scallop - Big & sweet!

Buffet always catered for those guilty-conscious who wanna eat a lot, yet wanna be healthy. Frankly it's simply mission impossible!! Unless you are damn rich, and is willing to spend more than $40 on greens, otherwise why spent time & effort to eat them?? Obviously, I was not keen on eating salads, vege & peas, so let's just take a look and skip to the next counters...




There were also appetizers like ham, smoked turkey etc. Cant remember eating them though.. Too many varieties lah, difficult to comb through everything..


Another mystery items... Seriously, now I look at this picture, I have no idea what they are??? Hahahaha

Sashimi & Sushi Counter

The "Japanese" chefs were not as cute, so I decided to take just the pictures of the food without them.. Hoho

Pretty, pretty... A bed of roses??


My favourite salmon!! I was quite selective in terms of eating sashimi, salmon is definitely my first choice. Another favourite is amaebi which they dun have it here. Still, I was pretty satisfied with the sashimi.. Freshness is the vital element!

Wasabi & Soy Sauce

Now let's move on to the " ang-mo" counter. Again, I was overwhelmed by their varieties.



Beef => This was kinda tough though... one serving was enuff for me


Roasted Chicken

Roasted lamb, potatos

Parmesan Cheese with crackers

There was also a chef who would help you to cook your pasta the way you like. Choose between penni, linguine, spaghetti and the sauce. There you have, your own pasta!!



Chinese Roast Stall

Indian Food Counter



Finally, the Dessert counter! Regardless of how much I eat, there will always be room for dessert. Tell me which ger can resist the temptation of dessert, she badly needs my counselling service!!

The Line has this 5th storey high fondue fountain too. Apparently, the 2 buffet places have many similarities..... Heng, the price is not similar.. keke

Cakes, mousses, puddings... You name it, you got it! =p

More!!

Lovely Strawberry Cake with Silver Linings


Bling Bling Pudding ~ Mango Pudding, Pandan Tiramisu, Chocolate Pudding(s)


Bread Pudding

Usually, I felt that bread pudding is just soggy bread so no special liking for it. But the one at Carousel was good, so must try!! Remember to put lotza of vanilla topping on it! Perfect match!!

Dunno what was the name of this... the look was disgusting, but tasted olright though... Very coffee taste.. For coffee lovers, dun miss out this item!

Chinese Kuehs

Now you are excited, arent you?? Something to make you scream and pull the hair of the one next to you( you are excited but definitely not stupid mah) .....

All these and more, for only $37 ( after all taxes and 15% Citibank Card discount) for the lunch buffet!!!!

Why are you still eating your canteen food?? GO FOR THE BUFFET LAH!!

UPDATES on 24 Oct 08

After I tried Marine Harvest from The Line, I decided to "rate" Carousel one more heart! YYY Dun get me wrong, The Line is still good, but I tot Carousel is comparable given the lower price and similar variety. So try both!! Keke

**********

0 comments: