Lousy Scam Call

8:14:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Just another day, I received a call, who represented himself as someone from a newly-opened advertising company. As part of their opening promotion, they had conducted a lucky-draw.... And so coincidentally, I was (maybe one of) the winner.

Without me doing anything, the prizes did sound fantastic... 4D 3N accommodation in Yunnan, China, a pair of stainless watches and blah blah blah. It was all too good to be true and I somehow just couldnt make myself to listen to all this craps...

Yeah. Thanks to my professional... I was pretty skeptical and decided to inquire more..


Me: How do you get my contact number?


Scam: Oh, the advertising company gets all these number from Lucky Draw, supermarket etc..


I noted that the guy had not addressed me by my name, and so I asked further.


Me: What is the name given to you by the advertising company?


Scam: Your prizes include the accommodation .......


I cut him straight, obviously he was trying to avoid the question!


Me: No! I'm asking you what is my name??


Silent for awhile before the guy spoke up again..


Scam: Erm, erm.... All these are confidential information, just like your I/C etc so we are not given these information by the advertising company..

OMG, what a dumb lie!! It's an insult to my intelligence! You mean my name is confidential, but my contact number is not? What can you do to my name, but obviously you can make prank calls if you know my number!!

And how do you know I'm the owner of this number, I could just be a passer-by who happens to answer the call. So how do you "verify" my identity?? Wa Kao...


Anyway, I said " Ok...."


The guy sounded kinda relieved that I did not pursue the case further and chirped " So can I meet you tomorrow to pass you the gifts?"


What?? Do real company go to that extend of giving strangers prizes and deliver to them? Desperate like anything... It sounded so ridiculous for anyone with one brain cell to believe..


Me: I'm not free today


Scam: How about tomorrow then??


Urgh... waste of time


Me: I'm not interested in the prizes.


Well com'on, who dare to receive from a dubious company a free stay away from Singapore, not to mention it's China. So damn far away. What if I kenak kidnap there? Blackmail? Well, not as if I'm rich to begin with... but then you never know what will happen when you are so far away from your familiar neighborhood police..

====================================================================

Anyway, I'm watching the Chn 8 show " Little Nonya"

The bad people are all so wicked, sure feel like squeezing them like little ants!! Everyone else is like plotting against Yueniang! What's the hell?

And she is damn goody-pie.... What's the hell again!

How could a person be so bad, yet another so good?

I always believe that a person cannot be extremely good or bad, it must be somewhere in between. It just like I never commit a crime before but a "small but harmless" theft like kapo food to eat is like a small thrill... Haha..

I'm very side tracked huh? Ok, back to my show!

0 comments: