Bangkok Makan ( Part 1)

8:01:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Makan time! This is what you have been waiting for! Dun drool too much ar! =p


********

Thai Resturant at Siam Square, Soi 8

I recommended this in my previous BKK entry, so obviously I went back again. It is still as good and cheap, of an average damage of S$10 per pax.

On a side note, do visit Siam Square for Korean style shoes and youngster wear ..... ^_^


Chai Tea + Fresh Coconut

Cooling drinks to mark the starting of our first meal in BKK!



Tom Yum Soup

You cant say you have really visited BKK without tasted the famous Tom Yum Soup lor.. This is a must order, with lotza ingredient like fresh prawns, mushrooms,vegetables etc


Fried Mushroom

This is a great munchy tibit- alike dish, which was wiped out in no time. Hehe


Platter

If you are the indecisive type or simply there are too many dishes that you wanna try out, why not consider the Platter? It comes with great variety such as spring rolls, beef salad, green curry etc


********

Sukish Charcoal Grill @ MBK


This is my favorite restaurant in BKK now ( till I find better ones! =p). But it comes with a higher price range. Not to worry too much, it is still manageable at around S$20 per pax.. With the food being higher quality, it's definitely worthwhile!


The exterior

It looks harmless on the outside, right? Just like any other Japanese restaurant...

Ha.. You are so wrong! Let me prove it to you!!

The interior

Look at the crowd! We were lucky enough to get a seat and it was not even dinner time yet!



Condiments & Sauce

The food was great on its own. However, if you like to stretch your taste imagination a bit wilder, dip the meat with the sauce. I mixed the lime & garlic with the sauce, and the combination was perfect! * Slurp Slurp*



Mushroom Assortment

This was served cooked, perfect for "hungry children" like us. We probably needed the energy booster for the cooking session later on as well... Haha

I dunno how they did it. But mushroom is no longer a side dish to go along the mains. Instead, it can very well stand out on its own with its much unique texture and taste. I particularly liked the shitake and oyster mushrooms...

In fact, we loved the dish so much, we ordered another plate despite the risk of bursting zips and flying buttons... We just adored the dish! ^_^



My favourite => Prawns...

Okay, they looked ugly uncooked... Wait till you see the next picture...


BBQ Tiger Prawns

A nice colour of reddish orange when basked in the heat of the charcoal, just like going for a sun tan. Big, fleshy and sweet ~ Yummy!



Beef Assortment

Look at the colour! Aren't they beautiful?

Dun ask me why there were different shapes, sizes and tones. God knows? As long as they taste good, I can almost eat rare.. I dun ask questions, I eat them...



Extra beef on the house => Promotion of the month! We were really lucky!




Cooking in Process



Beef for Grab!!

If you notice, the pictures for the bbq beef stopped here. I got to stop taking pictures... if not, there wont be any food left for me! Keke


Bangkok Makan ( Part 2) coming real soon...

0 comments: