Beaulieu House Restaurant - Horrible Experience

11:30:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Beautiful name for a restaurant situated in the middle of Sembawang Park. Sound romantic? If your gf enjoys horror movies, perhaps this will be a good dating spot then. If not, you better dun try... and dun say I never warn you...

********

1) Kenak "bluffed" by recommendation from TV

I decided to try this out as I saw the restaurant being recommended by the Road Babe Show hosted by Xu Zheng Rong & Pan Ling Ling.

I was utterly disappointed when I reached the place => the place was "lok kok" with no customers on a Monday night, we were the only souls ( probably that's why the waitresses were a bit too enthusiastic & it was kinda irritating). This was seriously "suspicious" and I was amazed by how TCS can create miracles here with their cameras. It looked so much better on TV.

Put that aside, since we were there, might as well try out. Dun judge the book by the cover mah...


2) Lizard for appetizer?

As I was able to sit down, I saw this tiny winy lizard on the plate in front of me. I had such a horrible shock.

The waitress just conveniently swept the "poor fellow" to the floor and commented that it was common in a place like theirs, since the resturant is located in the middle of the park.

Excuse Moi? Lizard in a park is normal, lizard on a plate is definitely abnormal!!!!

How dare she tries to brainwash me! For a moment, I was feeling apologetic of making a fuss over the lizard lor.... Haha... Of coz not lah!

3) Overpriced for passable food

The menu was pathetic. The restaurant advertises itself having variety in both Western and Chinese food, but there isnt anything that catches my eyes. The pictures in the menu do not help to whet my appetite neither. They could have just hire me to take pictures of their food to bluff people to come mah.. chey. No effort in bluffing also => Super Minus Points!

The Chinese food seemed to be on the higher end. A set for 6 pax consists of

- Seafood soup
- Cereal Prawns
- Tofu
- HK Noodles
- Dessert

costs around $100+. The dishes look cheap to me. I could pay the same amount elsewhere with better ambiance & I believe better quality food.

So anyway, we opted for the "cheaper" option - Western Food, which was another mistake. We should have just leave the restaurant. Stoopid me.. Grrrr...

The Western food category is only one page. Prices range from $15++ for fish & chips to $28++ for lamb. Top it up for soup, drink and a scoop of ice-cream for $4.90++.

The corn soup tasted blend.

The lamb which my dad ordered was served uncooked in the interior. When asked, the waitress explained that it was meant to be half cooked like beef. But we dint buy that story coz the lamb was really red. For your info, this was their specialty.. Either they dun take pride in serving the best or they are just plain jokers.

After the plate was cleared, apparently the waitress asked the cook about it. Subsequently, she re-served the REMAINING portion of the lamb re-cooked again to my dad, and apologized that the lamb was really not cooked well.. -_-

The beef I ate was normal. The fish and chip my bf and brother in law ate was passable. The chicken my mum and sister ate was again very normal.

Overall, the food sucks and super expensive. The total bill for 6 adults came up to be around $160.

Guess what? We headed off to a nearby "zi chap" for crabs to satisfy ourselves for the super unsatisfying meal earlier on! And it was only $68 dollars for 2 big crabs and chap keow tiao, which tasted 100 times better.

0 comments: