Bedok Food!!! Yummy!

12:36:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Arghhhh.. I'm so lazy but I wanted so much to tell everyone to try out the food at Bedok.. Life is such a dilemma at times.. =p

Let's keep this short and sweet, ya?

Due to the nature of my job, I get to move around and  I was stationed at Bedok central for approximately 3 weeks. That is a lot of mealtimes we are talking about here, and yet I managed to try something new everytime... Amazing huh?

Bedok is really a food paradise. I mean I dun go to Bedok.. I mean for what? There is no shopping mall or places of interests there mah... So even though I'm a true blue Singapore, holding pink I/C, but ya.. never been to bedok. Hahhahaha.

Me being a "mountain turtle" is besides the point, FOCUS PEOPLE! I'm talking about the food and I mean good and cheap food!

Just opposite the station, there is this hawker centre selling all sorts of food and most of them cost as little as $2.50! That's really cool... I just need $2.50 to settle a meal and so I ended up with a lot of spare. Guess what, I eat more meals there... breakfast, lunch, teabreak and dinner...LOL

Just to name a few, there's this Minced pork noodles stall, which opens only in the morning ( business damn good lah). For merely $2.50 per bowl, you get plentiful of noodles, minced pork, fish ball, fish cake and a single bao bei ( baby abalone). So worth it!

I also like one of the porridge stall here, the porridge so thick and smooth. Mmm..And there's still fried carrot cake, fried gui tiao, curry chicken noodles etc


For small bites, there is the famous Bedok "shui gui" and Tiong Bahru bao. Even the fruit juice here is damn cheap. It's $2 for a big cup and you can mixed fruits or milk. My favourite juice is rockmelon + milk! Shiok!

Further down, there's another hawker centre, famous for chicken claypot, traditonal carrot cake and kuay chap. I only tried the chicken claypot and kuay chap. Both are really nice! Dint get to try the carrot cake there coz it iss never opened when we went there.. Tomorrow will be our last day to try it..*Fingers crossed*

In short, there is damn lotza good hawker stalls and kopitiams around the area. Lunch time is no longer "worrisome" time. You need not troubled yourself if you are here at Bedok. Keke

And finally.... It's FINALLY FRIDAY!!!

Yeah! Give yourself a pat on the shoulder.. You've survived another week! And because of the great job, you deserve a FANTASTIC WEEKEND! ENJOY THE WEEKEND! ^_^

0 comments: