"Extraordinary" Experience with DBS/POSB Call Centre

11:25:00 PM Unknown 3 Comments

I've just called DBS/POSB call centre to enquire a IB fund transfer that was apparently, not very successful as my receipent just told me that she did not receive the money. Before the call, I already knew the following information:


*************************************************************

Oh well, I hate (to the MAXXXXX!!!) to call the call centre but I guess I have no choice... After going through the painful process of dial 1 to continue, listen through the menu listing, dial another number to continue... you know what I meant... Finally, a human being was on the other hand or was I lying to myself, the "human being" I thought was just another robot machine? Read on to understand what I mean.. *Shake head*

I fully understand that the officer will need to do her due diligence to vertify me... Fine, go ahead..

Q1: What's my I/C number
Q2: What's my full name
Q3: What's my account number
Q4: Is it a single or joint account

(P.S: For the ease of understanding, the dialogue of the call centre officer will be in purple, while mine in red ( red in fury!!!!))

Cool! So finally I can share my problem and hopefully I can get a satisfying answer at the end of the phone call.

FAT CHANCE... WISHFUL THINKING...

*

*
I have made a transfer yesterday of XX amount but my receipent did not receive...

Sure, can I ask you a few more questions?

I was perplexed, I thought the vertification was over? I even offered another vertification aka my last transaction. *Shrugged*

Q5: How many accounts you have with the bank
Q6: Is the transferred account a salary credited account

I was REALLY losing my patience oreadi....

How many vertification questions do you need to ask

Sorry, but I need to go on ~ That was not her exact words, but it meant this....

Q7: How many ATM cards do you  have
Q8: Are you transferring to other bank account

This was total insane. I cant remember how many questions she had asked me... she was making my blood boiled that I totally lost count... Humpt!


I was not even asking her to divulge any confident information. In fact, I told her everything including the transaction details.

And is there really a need to ask so many questions to vertify me? Do they want my blood test, my DNA, my saliva, my teeth HUH HUH?  I will understand if this can solve my problem, but apparently it doesnt!

After a loong session of "interrogating" me, finally she checked her system and told me....

Woohooo... Something I oreadi knew BEFORE the call!

Which was...

My account had been deducted AND rightfully, my receipent should have received the amount. WTH

Tell me something I dunno...

This was really going nowhere...

Finally, I asked her to reconfirm my transaction reference number. Every idiot also knows that when you make IB transaction, you may use the transaction reference number to trace if something goes wrong along the way.

Apparently, the call centre officer told me, it was not.

Okay, if my receipent has to call in and enquire about this transfer,how can she identify herself?

I will check.... ( after some time)... Oh, she can quote the transaction reference number that you have just given to me ( See, I volunteered another vertification without her prompt)..

  
So, at the end of the call, what did I know?
  • It was a fund transfer from my POSB account to another POSB account
  • Amount was already deducted from my account
  • Receipent did not receive the amount
Sound familiar? Scoll to the top and you will know why...  
*

*

*


Oh GREAT! I had just wasted 30minutes of my valuable life on this meaningless phone call...

Am I a demanding customer? Nope, I dun think so.

A good and satisfying answer will be something like:

Suggested answer 1: I've checked and the system seem to be slower since the last breakdown, hence causing the delay. Rest assured that the transaction is completed and please call me back if the receipent does not receive tomorrow. My name is XXX. I will follow up immediately.

Suggested answer 2: I've checked and the transaction is indeed successful and completed on your end. Can I call your receipent and follow up on this? Please understand that I can only inform the account holder, ie. your receipent directly with regards to her account.

I think I make a better call centre officer.. At least, I will demostrate a genuine assistance to solve my customer's perceived problem. The DBS/POSB call centre officer was only concerned with reading out her full script of vertifiying questions and offering no help/solution to me.

In fact, she ended her dialogue with " Is there anything I can help you".. Which is again, a scripted dialogue which is part of her job scope, to read finish.

Such an irony.. In the first place, I dun think I've received any help, and I'm definitely not gonna waste another 30 minutes on this..

Guess what, I have enough of this stupid crap and I shall transfer my funds out from DBS/POSB.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley, I work at DBS and I'm sorry that you had that experience with us. If you can email your phone number to me at chrisng at dbs dot com, we'd like to contact you to find out more. Thanks.

Merri Tan said...

DBS / POSB SUCKS! Requested them to send ib cheque to pay StanChart cc bill on 6/7/10. Today, 14/7/10,I realised that my SC did not receive the ib cheque so I asked DBS if they have sent the cheque. Can you believe it? Their first answer was don't know, they need to investigate! Then they said if I want a refund have to pay $15 stop cheque charges and wait 2 months for the refund! I had to shout like crazy woman at the Customer Service Staff (Foreign talent) before she would transfer me to a manager.
Moral of the story, to reach a decision maker, someone useful and locally educated, you must shout at least 5 times "I want to speak to your manager, I don't want to talk to you!" at the foreign talent who are only taught to read from a script.

Unknown said...

Hi Anonymous,

Maybe I'm a bit sceptical by nature, but if you are really from DBS and really want do find out more from me, you may want to send me an email from your work email instead?


Merri,

Did SCB charge you interest? If yes, then you should ask DBS to compensate!

I dun understand why they need to pay foreign talent to read from a script when they could have use a machine to do it. Since all the answers are standard, with no customization to whatsoever your queries are... *Shrugged*

Regards,
Ashley