Day 6 - Otaru & Chitose

12:00:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Final day @ Hokkaido and the day started off with breakfast buffet at the hotel ~ APA HTL & Resort Sapporo.

We were given this cute little tray which came in either 6 or 9 small compartments. I went for the bigger tray of coz ~ Hey, I liked more variety! =p



See my nice breakfast assortment at the top, and my bf's attempt to be as nice as mine, but minus  the oversized bread. Keke

The day started off early as we needed to rush through a few spots before catching the flight to Tokyo in the late afternoon. I was simply still in "Sleep" mode while having breakfast,which explained the little portions. Hey, but I would never forget to take my fav - potato and corns, best combination! =)


After breakfast, we were ready to go! And there was this cute snowman outside the hotel lobby bidding us Sayonara!

On a side note, I did some editing on this picture. Does it look like a postcard? =p


On our way to Otaru, we saw this place with the brand Ishiya White Chocolate. Dint get to go in, so I had absolutely no idea what was sold inside.



The famous Otaru Canal

I suppose it will probably look a lot better at night with the street lighting. Erm, it looked like a gigantic drain in the daytime... Not me, my tour mate said that.. *pointing all fingers*



Took some more pictures around the area...


Icicles again!


Japanese rickshaw along the street. 

Instead of the usual Ah Bei in singlet, the rickshaw pullers were young good looking guys wearing some sort of uniform. If I was not with the tour group, I probably would like to go for it. Lol


Next, we proceed to Otaru Music Box Musuem.  Looked totally boring from the outside, like some old library/musuem.



But hey, it was in fact very pretty & glittering inside. You will be overwhelmed by all the different types of music boxes.






I dint get any of these even though they were all very pretty. Firstly, they were very expensive. Secondly, being very rough & careless, I dun think they will stay in 1 piece long in my room. So I decided to admire them from far...... =p


We still had some time, so we crossed the street to the coffee house opposite the street.


Here, we bought coffee served in Hello Kitty cup & saucer. In fact, we got to choose the design. Why? Because we were keeping them! Haha.. Of coz, it came with a slightly higher price tag, which should fall within the range of S$10+. Quite worth it since the coffee was refillable, came with 1 slice of butter cake and cup/saucer to keep as souvenir. ^_^


We also bought this ice-cream, which had 4 flavours at one go ~ melon, milk, chocolate & lavender! Cool!


On the way back to the bus, we saw fresh seafood along the street, which I supposed you can get the staff to grill on the spot. No time, otherwise I would try it! Haiz, that's the problem with travelling with tour group, you have to abide the timing given. 




Kitachi Glass Gallery

Not suppose to take pictures. But being a kiasu tourist, I faked ignorance and took a few pictures.  2-3 pictures only. Really lah!


*******

After Otaru, we moved on to our final scenic spot ~ Mount Tengu.


We took a pretty long cablecar ( yup, that's the one, the red cabin) up the mountain..



From the top, we got a birdeye view of the city of Otaru.




Hey, I dun really dare to stand close to the edge, it was so steep! 

In fact, there was a guy preparing to ski down the slope. I wanted to take his picture but he went down too fast, disappeared within seconds..







Lunch was settled in a restaurant at the bottom of Mount Tengu.


Lunch was sumptuous ~ there was chawamushi, grilled meat & vegetables... =)











Most of all, there was 1 big grilled scallop for everyone!Yum yum..


*******



The Hokkaido trip ended off with shopping at Rera Outlet Mall, where I bought a Coach bag for my mum at 70%+. Hee...

*********

That's summed up my trip in Hokkaido.

In a dilemna whether I should continue with my Tokyo tour. I dunno, it feels weird to blog about happy times spent in Japan, knowing that the country is in distress now. It just seems insensitive to do so, but I decide to complete my Hokkiado trip since I have started it before the incident. 

But it will be such a pity not to blog about the beautiful things of the country, isnt it? And I really wanted to list down my F&E itinerary /travel guide for people who will like to visit Tokyo when everything is back on track.

Final decision: I will just "pause" my Japan entry for the timebeing then. Will be back.

0 comments: