Day 5 - Odori Park & Ramen Street

11:09:00 PM Unknown 2 Comments

Although it was turning dark, the "night" was still young!

We proceed to the Sapporo Underground Shopping Mall, where Blue Label, Agnes B etc lovers would find their beloved bags here. Since we had extended our stay at Tokyo, we decided not to do any shopping in Hokkaido. Instead, we went to visit the 62nd Sapporo Snow Festival, which was just at the Odori Park nearby.
Sapporo Snow Festival - Annual Hokkaido Snow Festival

 

NHK Tower

Notice that the time was only 6pm but it was really dark?

Oh great, I have edited the photo as black & white to make the NHK tower more striking,of coz, it was dark... dubz. But.. but, it was really dark at 6pm. Aiya, see the pictures below..

Be amazed by the finest details of the snow/ice scrulptures...Kudos to their workmanship!



The Lost World - Dinosaurs



Kawaii cartoon/manga/comic/animation characters


Particularly I tot this was really stunning, even though I was clueless who this person was, perhaps some Japanese baseball player? Look at that details ~ the teeth, the eyes etc. How did they do it? Enuff said.


Some palace in China, which I have forgotten the name. I saw the real thing before and I could recognize it when I first saw this. That showed the similiarites. Good job.



There was performance by some girl band at one of the stages. What amazed me was that they were wearing short skirts with long stockings in the Brrrring weather, while I was covered up with thick jacket, long pants, scarf and gloves. Haha, what a contrast. =p


Smoking space in igloo-alike! Keke


There were food streets at the Festival as well. They smelt so good!! But we dint try any of them, coz we were going to the Ramen Street for dinner. Regretful! I should have tried some, at least! =(


For dinner, we went to the Susukino Ramen Tokocho, which was just an alley with many ramen shops. As each of the shop was pretty small and our tour group was large, we were split up to the different ramen shops. Apparently, the better ones were already filled up and my group ended up at this empty ramen shop. Oh well, that said so much about the quality when all the other ramen shops were filled with customers. >.<


I would say the ramen here was okay but dun wow me. In fact, I dint finish my ramen, coz I find it a tad saltish for my liking.


The final stop was snacks shopping at this shop. The famous Ishiya chocolates were available here as well, at a much cheaper price as compared to the pricing at the chocolate factory itself. Basically, everything here was at 10% + 5% discount. So my fellow tour mates were literally packing boxes and boxes of snacks back to Singapore. Keke

To be continued.. Day 6 ~ Otaru & Chitose

2 comments:

Shi Qi said...

Hello! May i know where's the shop (final stop for Ishiya Choc) located in? So I can ask my tourguide if we are going there as well(:

Unknown said...

Hi,

Replied to your email! Pls check!

xoxo,
Ash