Day 5 - Sapporo: Mount Okura & Ishiya White Chocolate Factory

12:10:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

We were leaving the "rural area" of Hokkaido to the city, Sapporo. Goodbye to the vast white land and beautiful nature. I shall come again when you are all colourful, bright and sunny. ^_^

********
Toilet break, what will you do?

Hold on, dun need to tell me what you did in the toilet.. =_=

I dun understand why some people can spend so much time in the toilet. Usually we would chop chop and have some time to walk around the area. Guess what we did? We bought some snack and yup, that was just after breakfast. Keke




Cant resist to take picture of this little fellow. The eyes were so captivating! No wonder they describle mistress as 狐狸精... =p


We bought this at about 300 or 350Yen. Dun quite know what it was. Hmm, it was definitely cream on top and probably custard pudding with blueberry sauce. Nice!


While waiting for the rest, my nose picked up a strong aroma.. I sniffed and sniffed and finally found this trunk. Hey, that is one of my  unique traits, I can smell Mac fries from far... =p


It was taco balls sandwiched between rice biscuits, a new presentation! Felt good having warm food in the cold weather. Yummy!

On a side note, that was how we spent our money without realization. Few hundred yen here & there, and easily it added up to quite substantive. I tried to monitor my spending but hey after a while, I gave up and just whack lah. My tour guide said we must 花光光 (spend all our money) since we were on a holiday. I was sure I "exceeded expectation"! Hahaha..


********

Finally, we reached Sapporo! First thing we did.. EATTTTTTTT!


BBQ @ Miyanomori




Our portion of chicken & pork, vege & bean sprouts for 4 pax. Lettuce, bean sprouts, soup and tea were all free flow.


This was the "work" of our tour guide who simply buai tahan how we cooked our food, so she offered to do it for us. Hahahahha...

She layered the pan with lettuce and bean sprouts first, and placed the meat on top. This would prevent the meat from cha ta ( burnt) and the juice from the meat would simmer the vege nicely as well.

I prefered the pork to the chicken. The bean sprouts and lettuce were also super nice.. Yummy =)
If you think this was good, you havent seen the BEST! KOBE BEEF!



It was sweet and chewy, juicy & tender. I probably doing injustice to the beef, but I simply cant find the right term to describe it. After I had swallowed the beef, there was still a nice flavour tingle around the palate.

Btw, it was on additional charges at 7500Yen ( ~ S$120) for the portion in my picture. You must try it if you can, I think it was worth it.


Abalone at the same price (7500 Yen). We dint order this so I just took a picture from my fellow tour mate. It looked nice huh...Grrr, I probably should have tried this also. Now I'm wondering how it tastes like.


After dinner, how about a melon icecream @ 300 Yen (~S$)? =)

The taste of the melon was a bit overwhelming for me. It was nice but I would prefer other flavours like milk etc.

*******

Ok enuff of food, it was sight seeing time!

First stop, Mount Okura, the site of the 1972 Winter Olympic Ski Jump.


We went up a very long escalator.


The view on top of the mountain.


The ski site.

This was high. Would you dare to ski down from the top? Looked kinda scary.. =p

It was amazing how little kids, probably as young as 4-5 yrs old can ski pretty well. I guess, it comes quite natural to them, having exposed to such an environment. It's like if you are staying close to the coastal area, you probably be good at water sports since you will grow up doing them.

Second stop, Ishiya White Chocolate Factory





This place was kawaii, like a themed park!

In winter, the place was coated in white, definitely felt very Xmas-y! Come summer time, it will be pretty with flowers. Different feeling @ different season.


Photo-stop to prove that I was really here!Hee



The famous Ishiya White Chocolate, which came in milk and chocolate flavours. Both I like!

Next, we went up to the 2nd floor and found ourselves in a toy museum. What's the connection between chocolates and toys? Hmm.. I guess.. they are both kid's favourite!




Hey, I dun really know what this was called. Since young, my mum told me they were called 小不点, coz they were like babies that never grow up. There were so many of them here!


SuperMEN?


And of coz, Hello Kitty!


We were told that the white chocolate was sold cheaper elsewhere, so we dint bother to go chocolate shopping. Instead, we had cakes at the Cafe Tea Time.



Pretty cake at the entrance!



With just 1200 Yen ( ~S$19), you can have a selection of 3 cakes and a drink. Quite a reasonable offer, good for sharing.

Third stop,  Tokei-Dai (Clock Tower)

This was basically a photo stop of this clock tower, which was built in 1878. The location of the clock tower was quite awakward, standing at the cross junction with other high rise commerical building. Ha..

Whatever the case, it had proven itself a good backdrop for the photo as all of us queue up to take turn to take photo with it.. hehe

Shall end this entry now... more on Sapporo coming up.. :)

0 comments: