Old School Delights

10:47:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I'm really very busy these few days with work and wed preparation, gonna do chalet this weekend to sort of celebrate a very belated Father's Day... and so I'm saying, I have not have the time to sort out my HK food photo! Will try to do so very soon, I hope! =p

Meanwhile, let me just do a local food post ya? 

DUN ABANDON MEEEEEeeeeEEEEeee!!  *drama*

********


Time to reminisce good old days @ Old School Delights! ^_^

Note: The heart shape was an art piece courtesy by me.. <

Hey, introducing another eatery relatively near my area. =)

This place reminded me so much of old school days with the chalkboard,wooden furniture and old fashion ceiling fans. Very familiar ambiance indeed.

There wasnt a lot of variety offered, just the simple canteen food that we had when we were younger. Hey little choices means there is no need to crack your brain, deciding what to have! Simplicity is a blessing itself.



Bandung Dinosaur - $3

Milo Dinosaur, I'm sure everyone will be familiar with. How about Bandung Dinosaur for a change? To like this, firstly you must like sweet stuff coz it was rather sweet and secondly, of coz you must like rose syrup (bandung) la! Otherwise, Milo Dinosaur is available as well.


So what's special? I think there was a vanilla icecream scoop served in the Bandung drink. Aiya, that was drank some time back, I cannot remember.  Blame it on  the super forgetful memory chip now and so please confirm with the staff before ordering! Double confirm!


Nasi Lemak - $6.80

My nasi lemak served with fried rice. >.<

Sobz, because the rice was sold out, so I got to replace it with fried rice lor... @#$%

Everything on the plate was pretty normal, not particularly tasty which was definitely doing injustice to the price. I dunno, maybe the chilli was superb good? I dun take chilli, so I decided that the chilli must be good. Otherwise, why so many suckers paid $6.80 for a normal nasi lemak?? The famous nasi lemak at Changi Village is only selling at $4 for similar sides mah =p



Mee Siam - $4.50

Mee siam was alright, at least not too spicy for non-spicy eaters like us. Then again, it may not be shiok enuff for ppl who take spicy food. Hmm.. ask for more chilli then!


Chendol - $3

Another simple fare with no misses and of coz, no surprises as well. *Shrugged*



The cakes were not too bad, especially the banana cake! It was pretty light and had a strong banana fragrance. Nice!

On the other hand, the chocolate cake was super thick, great for choco lovers and of coz, for sharing.

I tried their lemony cake on a separate visit, personally find it quite light and refreshing, however bf said that it was a tad dry? Keke



********

OLD SCHOOL DELIGHTS
Venue: 215M Upper Thomson Road S547349
Contact: 6458 4518

0 comments: