JPot

10:29:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments


JPOT
Venue: #01-53 Vivo City S098585
Contact: 6273 3536

********

I know Chinese New Year is just over, and most of us probably have done a number of reunion dinner with families and friends. But still, you dun need another festive period to enjoy "reunion dinner" with your loved ones, do you? And what's the best way to do so, other than a steamboat meal when you have the valid reason to stay as long as you like to chit chat without the waiter/waitress chasing you away. Keke

Frankly speaking, I dun think food in steamboat is fantastic to me, since that's not so much of cooking skills by the chef to speak of. Essentially, the chef just need to brew a variety of soups and prepare fresh ingredients,  and the "cooking" is very much done by the customer themselves.


Anyway, my fren recommended JPot for our gathering dinner, and so there we were. Look at the crowd!

Most of the steamboat places I know are non aircon, hot & stuffy but not here at JPot. Here, you  just tick off the items you want and be served! Best part, it's air-conditioned! Hee


Appetizer to start off our dinner


Choice of Soup Base
JPOT Superior Broth
Bak Kut Teh
Herbal
Laksa
Silky Porridge
Tom Yum
Vegetarian

There are a selection as many as 7 soup base here and each of us get to choose our preferred soup base, no need to share, super hygienic! Did  you notice that they have unique soup base like laska and silky porridge? I wonder what's silky porridge base is. Hmmm... But I decided to be less adventurous and took the super "safe" base, aka the herbal soup base.

And oh, they are using electric thermal stove, so you wont feel the heat of the flame directed at you. Thumbs up!





Sauce wise, you can create your own with the assortment. I sort of put a bit of everything together, and surprisingly it was quite good! My personal tip, fried garlic is a must! Trust me!


But if you are totally clueless how to mix your own sauce, you can follow their "recipe" as well. =)








Hand-made Fish Noodle

Food variety is pretty good, ranging from meats to seafood to vegetable, as well as cooked stuff. To see more, you can refer to their menu online. 

Overall, I think this will definitely be my choice if I feel like eating steamboat. Food wise, it actually dun diff much from other steamboat places, but in term of the environment wise, it definitely scores a better grade.

0 comments: