Lo Hei!

12:21:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments


I did 8 Lo Hei in this Chinese New Year, which I think must had break my personal records. For the benefit of my non-Chinese readers, dun worry... Wikipedia is here to explain what's Lo Hei!

My own explanation ~ a time when you can any how throw (toss) your food without your parents breathing fire down your neck, just say a lot of good wishes when you play with the food! Keke

1) Did the first one with my friends at this kopitiam (Jin Shan Lin) in Bishan. It was so crowded that we only got a table at the back alley. So this Lo Hei was done in dim lights and I had absolutely no idea what I was eating.. But mind you, later I realized it was actually cheaper to buy from IchiBan / Sakae Sushi which offers thick slices of salmon at a lower price. We thought going to kopitiam is more economical. Oh well... *Shrugged*

2 & 3) With families, which means jia liao (additional ingredients). Too bad, never take photo. =(

4) The forth one was done with my colleagues at Old HK, Raffles city. Food was okay but service sucks! But I shall "forgive" them since it was festive period and it was super crowded than normal.



5) Again, this was done with colleagues but at a Thai Resturant (YhingThai Palace). The Yusheng here was good although abeit sweet. I like it that they actually acted almonds and rice crackers in it, something unique.





6) The sixth round was done at my fren's house, so that explains the ugly newspaper background. =p The portion was huge coz we bought 2 portion and yet we still managed to finish most of it. And oh yes, this time round I bought from Ichi Ban ~ $38.80++ for 24 slices of salmon (meant for 10 pax).  Cheap and good!



7) Did another round with my own family and my bf's parents.

8) Finally, the last one was done in office with 80+ colleagues. Massive lo hei on the last day of lunar new year! Huat ar!

Conclusion? I think I like yu sheng! So it's another 1 year wait before I get to eat it again. No wonder there's a saying "absence makes the heart fonder "... Maybe that's why yu sheng is nice, coz we only get to eat it in chinese new year! LOL

0 comments: