Valentine with Hello Kitty

12:16:00 AM Unknown 2 Comments


Went to a Hello Kitty event recently... Hmm, let me share the cute stuff first! ^_^


Bf & My Horoscope!













Hello Kitty Figurines 

Heard from the staff that they are collectibles wor...

Spectacle holder


Playing Cards


Cup

Shampoo & Conditioner Dispenser

Complain time!

Oh ya, I came to know of this Hello Kitty Valentine 2012 event through a Outlet.com's deal. Although it's stated that the price is $51.80, Bonjapan offers it at $29.90 while Outlet.com offers it at $24.90. Seriously, I dunno when the "$51.80" will materialize. Anyway, I paid good money for it and I expected to see a Hello Kitty fair or exhibition.  To my dismay, it is just a small retail shop selling soft toys and other stuffs. How dare they charge a fee to go into a retail shop?? It's just like asking me to pay a $20 entrance fee to NTUC when I just wanna buy a bunch of bananas. Arghh...


This was how the shop looked like. =(

How not to be in a "shock" seeing this.  

And the dumb thing? Most of the stock ran out on the first day of the event, and I went on the second day. When I asked the staff why they didnt replenish, the reply was because they had no time. Dubz, why is there preferential treatment given to those who went on the first day when customers who went on the subsequent days paid the same price?



This was what the deal promises...


And this was what we actually got ~  a box of unknown item, instant tea/coffee that we needed to make ourselves, a membership card (10% on purchase items) and shampoo/conditioner pack that they probably got it free somewhere else..



Content of the mystery box ~ mainly biscuits, sweets stuff..  *Shrugged*



And it was showing Hello Kitty cartoon on the display TV..

We paid $24.90 for watching cartoon, drinking instant tea and some junk food. *Face palm*

I was so turned off that I didnt bother to take out my camera, instead I just took pictures with my iphone. To be fair, the Hello Kitty soft toys are cheaper, priced at $32+ for a medium size, after the 10% discount. But imagine if a customer dint fancy anything, and ended up paying $25+ for a box of sweets? It was ridiculous. 

Fortunately, Outlet.com is gonna refund full amount to us! Oh yeah! I dunno who made the complaint, but it is definitely a good one! Hehe

Though I wonder how about those customer who brought the "entrance fee" directly from Bonjapan, I dun think Bonjapan will make the refund rite? I mean, since Bonjapan is still charging the "entrance fee" for its subsequent events.  

Well judge for yourself, whether it's worth it. To me, it's a total flop and super lousy marketing & sales strategy!

2 comments:

Miso said...

Think they held this event to clear stock so that they can import a new set of collectibles based on another character theme. $50++ is too much!!

Unknown said...

Super over charged!

But it seems from the website that's how they run their 'business', via similar such events. I wonder how long they can sustain using such sale strategy.. hmm