Dozo - My Birthday Treat! [Closed]

2:32:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Decided to re-visit Dozo since we had a 20% voucher! After the discount, we still spent about $112 for 2 pax. Fairly okay right, since it was a 7 course dinner, and they threw in a mini birthday cupcake with a candle for me. Just let the staff know of any occasion (anniversary, birthday etc) when you make the reservation. Hehe

For those who are new to Dozo, the 7 course dinner set is $59.80++ per pax and 6 course lunch set is $39.80++. You can also visit Dozo's website for the menu, although I cant say that the menu on the website is updated to the latest, but at least most of the choices are still there, so still quite a good gauge. 

Since this was my 2nd visit and my orders were somewhat similar, I shall let the pictures do most of the "talking", except for those new orders and some correction from my previous post. And yes silly me, I never check my own blog and ended up ordering the similar choices. Boo hoo! >.< 

Read my previous entry here!
DOZO
Venue: 491 River Valley Road #02-02/03, River Valley Point
Contact: 6838 6966
Website: http://www.dozo.com.sg

********

Updates: Now Dozo is at Orchard Central, under Joie Restaurant  =)
 http://www.joierestaurant.com.sg/
We were early, like 530pm for dinner, but they only start at 6pm (yes, even though the website states 530pm), so we waited outside the restaurant. Think the staff felt paiseh, so asked us to go in and wait in a 6 pax private room while they prepared to start business.  Guess what, we ended having our dinner in the private room. Hehe
Cheese & Vege sticks (Complimentary)
Lime/Calamansi Ice Sorbet
Starter: Chef's Selection of Assorted Platter
Close up: Foie Gras with Toast
Close up: Smoked Salmon with Cream
Close up: Grilled Scallop with Asparagus
Cold Dish: King Crab Claw

The staff was rather humorous, when he served this cold dish, he commented that dunno why the King Crab became so small.  Haha.  I shouldnt have ordered this since the last time I also find the dish quite tasteless and not meaty enuff.  This is called "bad habits hard to change". 
Cold Dish: Smoked Duck
 Side Dish: Escargots with Yuzu Butter

Correction, there were a total of 4 escargots here - 3 in baked cheese and 1 still in the shell. And I still love this dish! Yummy!
Side Dish: Steam Fresh Bamboo Clam

This was cooked in the typical Chinese Seafood Restaurant style, lightly seasoned with a chewy texture.
Soup: Crab Bisque Cappuccino style & Pumpkin Soup
Main: Beef Tenderloin on Pu Ye and Granite Hot Stone

The presentation was rather impressive with the fan-like thing on the tenderloin, but I wont suggest to eat the "fan" coz rather tasteless lah.  The beef was served rather raw, or I would say medium rare, so depend on individual diners, you can leave it on the stone there to cook longer.  Some more, the tenderloin was already sliced for the diners, very thoughtful indeed.  Texture wise, very chewy but somehow, I thought the meat lack the juiciness and sweetness. Probably it is just me, I'm rather particular with beef. =p

Main: Kurobuta Pork Cheek

Both my and hubby felt the the pork cheek texture was too loose? And we dun like the cream/white sauce covering the pork cheek.
Drinks: Ice Fruity Refresher + Ice Apply Melody
I liked both drinks been very refreshing and not overpowering with artificial sweetness.  A nice way to clear our palate for the desserts!
Dessert: Cheesecake
Dessert: Milk pudding with Sesame Icecream 

Desserts were pretty standard, but I probably shouldnt have chosen cheesecake since by then, I was already super full.  On the contrary, milk pudding was kind of exotic, you either like it or hate it, I guess.  

Overall, we enjoyed our dinner, with good (& humorous) service and ambiance. Food wise, some hits & some misses.   And I hope Dozo will do an overhaul for its selection in the menu soon!

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: