National Day Staycation (Hotel Rendezvous)

11:09:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

How was your National Day long weekend spent?

Well, I went to see fireworks for 3 consecutive nights, at the risk of hubby 'abandoning' me, coz he hates crowd and queue. =p




First night: These were photos taken with my RX100 without tripod, which turned out pretty ok with minor editing.  No firework pictures because they turned out too 'smoky', from the view from esplanade. But we got quite a good view to watch the lights display on the buildings as well as Fullerton Hotel.
There were activities going on at Esplanade as well and we caught this sand art performance. My first time watching such performance live and it was so cool! I really admire people who can draw, and this was using just fingers and sand, really amazing.  This was much much better than my primary school drawing standard... view here to see my drawing.
2nd night: We went to MBS plaza instead. The view of the fireworks was much better here! I took a video, view it at Fun Hideout Facebook Page!

On National Day itself, we checked into Hotel Rendezvous. The deal was really quite value-for-money. We paid $298++ (Weekend Staycation Deal) which includes the following:

- Club room with club lounge access
- Body Massage for 2
- Movie Tickets for 2
- Early check in or late check out ( we opt for late check out at 4pm)

With club lounge access, it basically meant food and drink free whole day. Shiok!

Once we checked in, we went for the Afternoon Tea (2 - 5pm) at the lounge. Pretty small lounge, nothing to compare with the one at Hotel Intercontinental (for our wedding). Hubby pointed out that we 'paid' $20K for the lounge access at Hotel Intercontinental which came with the bridal suite, but here we were just paying $300+ (including GST & service charge). True hor, so I guess here was good enough!

And hor, I realised that we had limited view of the padang area where the National Day parade was held! Honestly, this was totally unplanned. My plan was to watch the National Day parade on TV in the comfort of our hotel room. So now, we were able to see the firework live from the lounge! A pleasant surprise!  ^_^ (V)

Afternoon Tea spread from Dean & Deluca + free flow of TWG teas, soft drinks and coffee. The beef pie was good! I must have eaten like 2-3. Hee


The club room itself was small. At first, I thought the hotel staff made a mistake and issued us wrong room. So I compared the room layout with the pictures from other bloggers which looked the same.  And hor, the pillows here super soft & flat, I'm used to harder ones..so I didnt really have a good sleep. I tried sleeping on two pillows and it was too high, so either way was bad. I need a good neck & shoulder massage. =_=
SG50 sweet, nice gesture from the Hotel. #simialsosg50
Since we need to wait for the parade to start, we went for the free massage which was at the courtyard area. My comment, it's free so dont expect too much. Keke

You might want to ask the masseur to use less oil, coz after the massage, I went back hotel to shower and used half bottle of the body wash. LOL
Back at the lounge to wait for the evening cocktail and canapes (6-8pm) to start.  Most importantly, 'chop' seat for the best view of the fireworks. Hahahaha

We spent most of our stay at the Hotel lounge. Usually when we are travelling, we will spent most of the time OUT of the hotel. This must be the first time when we spent bulk of our stay IN the hotel. Most 'worth it' stay, I must say.
Free flow cocktail & mocktail! And just only because it was National Day, they also offered Singapore Sling. But Raffles Hotel's one is nicer lah.
Tiger beer also SG50. #simialsosg50
Pretty good spread for the evening canapes. There were also beef stew pizza and mutton satay which I didnt try. So while we were watching the parade on TV at the lounge, we settled dinner too.
The laksa here was thumbs up! Super good and they gave big fresh prawns, super succulent! Again, I ate 2-3 bowls, small one lah. =p


First time watching the parade with other people. Hmm, when can I get my tickets to go watch live?? *pout*

Watched with many people more feel leh. We even sang National Anthem and said pledge together. Suddenly felt very patriotic. Heh.
Super limited view but better than nothing! #cheapthrill
SG50!

It was quite funny watching the planes on TV and next moment, they flew by. We were 'busy spotting' planes. Keke

Too bad cant take pictures of the fireworks due to the glass reflection. 

For breakfast, we went to both Club Lounge and The Straits Cafe (ground floor), spread was disappointing. I ended up eating bread and jam. 

We nua until 2pm and went back for the Afternoon Tea. This time round they had the rainbow cake and of coz more beef pie!


Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥  

0 comments: