OrganiCafe Xperience [Closed]

10:12:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

[Decided to have "A Healthier Choice" aka organic food to celebrate Mother Day. Actually I passed by OrganiCafe Xperience before when I was shopping at Novena Square, but it was not very attractive for me to stop and dine there. Well, then I saw that the rating at HGW and you know lah, nowadays people are crazy over organic food mah. So, being very 前未 , I must blindly follow the trend lor..

(P.S Waking up at 9am on a Sunday morning makes me talk MORE crap.... =p)


Hmm, dint know OrganiCafe Xperience opened recently leh.. How come still got flowers de?? Or was it for next door?? HOHOHO.... Well, anyway dun lose focus! We are talking about food here! Come back! Come back!!

My dad ordered the set meal, which included a drink, a soup, main course and a dessert. All these would cost $17.90++. A bit expensive, I feel. Bo pian leh. Another phrase for Organic is "Ordinary Food at Extraordinary Price. " Seriously, I cant taste much difference between an organic food vs a non-organic food. * Shrugged*

The Set Meal ==>

Dun ask me leh, I dunno whether this was organic drink or not...


Soup of the day => Pumpkin Soup

This was good, although I felt that this was just comparable to that served by other places lor.



Grilled Boneless Chicken Legs

" in organic Lavender mushroom cream sauce with hash brown potatos & spring vegetable "

Normal chicken chop. Hmm, dun tell me only the sauce was organic?? And I cant taste any lavender .. Sth wrong with my taste bud? If you are trying, then let me know bah.

Well for the convenience of those who are keen to try the set meal, beside chicken, they also served the following:

1) Roasted Tenderloin of Beef , in mustard sauce served with mash potatos & spring vegetable topped with crispy onions

2) Panfried Assorted Seafood , served with roast potato & vegetable in sake cream sauce



Bread and Butter Pudding Topped with Ice Cream

This was something different, but might not suit the taste bud for all. The bread pudding was hot and soft, which would blend nicely with the ice-cream. But again if you dislike soggy bread, you might not like this dessert.

The Ala Carte==>

Grilled Beef Tenderloin with Organic Thyme Mushroom Sauce ($14.90++)

My mum dun really like the beef. It was too chewy aka difficult too bite off for her. For me, I find the beef texture still alright but not fantastic.



Panfried Cod Fillet with Organic Honey, Pineapple, Chutney accompanied by Japanese Curry Sauce ($14.90++)

My order, and the best among all. The fillet was really soft, even though I felt that it was due to the texture of cod fish itself. You just cant go really wrong with cod fish. The sauce was sweet and sour, and even though it was supposed to be curry sauce, it was not spicy at all. The only fault was the serving -> there was only 3 or 4 small " fish nuggets" portion that was piled high with chunky fries. That was definitely too little, even for me, not to mention for a guy.



Order for my niece, which was just ham & cheese sandwiches. Thought they can do better other than serving cheap picnic ham with cheese on Sunshine bread. I though the tapioca chips taste better. Disappointing and definitely not worthwhile ( I cant rem the price tot)...





Organic Yogurt with Konyaku Jelly Topped with Mixed Fruits ($2.90)
The fruits & the yogurt were sour. While the jelly was too sweet, seemed to soak in cane sugar. Well, I think must stirred everything together to eat lah, but I dun quite like it. Obviously, I dint finish the yogurt. Haha, I think Yami Yogurt tasted much better, $2.90 I can go for the tropicana lor.



ORGANICAFE EXPERIENCEVenue: 238 Thomson Road, #01-53Velocity @ Novena SquareContact: 6352 7837

0 comments: