PHO 24 [Closed]

9:44:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Latest update on 30th Nov 2008.

This chain had closed down. Such a waste as I thought that the beef noodles was really not bad. But I guess it was not sufficient to sustain a business. For a business to survive, you got to rely on a lot of factors like locations, management etc...

********


This was recommended by my colleague, so I decided to try it out since I was around in the area ( Millenia Walk). It was kinda "hidden" in a quiet corner. Crowd was quite pathetic given that it was a Saturday night. But I guess Millenia Walk was not a good location to start of with. The crowd at most of the eateries here just could not compare to those at Suntec or Marina Square. So not a bad idea to walk a bit further and come here for dinner if you could not get a seat at Suntec or Marina Square. Keke.

Perhaps due to the small group of customers to attend, customer service here was kinda extremely warm. We were shown to our seats, and immediately we were given the spices assortment ( picture below) even before making our orders! Kinda taken aback lor... When customer service is bad, we complain like hell. And when customer service is good, we feel weird. One word -> 贱. Hahaha..



I decided to go for the set dinner since it would include a main course, drink and dessert/side dish. Vietnamese cuisine is famous for their beef noodles, Pho Nam is a must. Well, dun ask me what's the difference between Pho Nam and Pho Chin. Polly meant the different part of the cow bah. In the end, we ordered 1 Set A and 1 Set B. Smart rite? So that we can share a side dish and dessert mah... Budget!

Fried Spring Rolls

Seriously I dunno what I was eating. Haha.. Dun get me wrong, I dun mean that it tasted horrible but rather I simply cant make out what was the filling. Polly some vege, carrots shreds etc. Nothing fascinating though..

Pho Nam

This was good!! Well at first, it tasted a bit blend, but the more you drank the soup, the more tasting it became. Try adding some onions, lime, mint leaves from the spices assortment, you would get a totally different taste. It said that the soup used 24 spices to brew, that why the shop was named PHO 24. I truly believe by drinking every bit of it, till the very last drop. The noodles was similiar to guo tiao, but just thinner. Beef was okay, but I find them too thinly sliced! I wanna more meat!! I'm carnivorous!! =p


Dessert

Dun look glamorous huh? But dun judge a book by its appearance hor... The dessert was simple, just corn sago in coconut milk. Not too bad, at least I never eat anything like this before. A refreshing taste indeed!

Considering the price, this was kinda worth it. If you like beef noodles, why not give it a try?


0 comments: