Giraffe Resturant & Bar [Closed]

9:39:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I went to Giraffe for bf's bdae dinner, since it was near SMU's settlers cafe. What I wanna stressed here is, we went there not because we thought it was really good, but simply for the reason that it was near the place we were going after dinner. Keke

Giraffe has been there ( opp PS) for quite some time, but it was my first time, & probably the last time, there. I guess probably the location is a great disadvantage, with competitors clustered at PS which is directly linked to the MRT station. Unless it is really impressive, otherwise I dun see why I should make the "extra mile" across the road...

Lazy is the word to describe me, but there are a lot of people like me! * Standing proud*

If I can get passable or better food somewhere near, why should I walk a distance for another passable food? Weird logic but very true hor... =p

The fact is, Giraffe is really not impressive, it is just a very normal restaurant selling somewhat fusion food. The minute I started to look through the menu, I really couldn't decide what to order.. Why? Because there wasn't much choices to begin with. First points deduction.

Bf's order

My bf ordered a grilled chicken. It was considered tender but too normal to leave an impression. Portion wise was a bit small too.

My order

I ordered salmon in teriyaki sauce and I was served one slab of salmon soaked in teriyaki. Yup, there was all. I was expecting some soba to go along with the salmon. Ok, I admitted it was my own mistake. The menu didnt state that there was any soba, I kinda assumed so.

But com'on, do you expect such a dish to be listed as a main course? It wasnt filling at all, yet I was charged a main course rate, I think the price was around $13 - $16, before other charges. It was definitely overpriced. Second points deduction.

Third points deduction was the service. You see, they got this 1-1 drinks before 9pm. We were there at 7pm and all of us ordered main course and some side dishes. Btw, I was with a group of friends. Since it was raining, we decided to stay around for drinks, and wanted to ride on the promotion. The timing was around 9pm then. We tried to call for service, but somehow all the waiter and waitress were busy. When finally a waitress came to us, it was slightly after 9pm, and we were told the promotion ended.

Hmm, is that a strategy to cut cost, I dunno? But I would think that since we were a big group and we had already spent around $100+, it wont kill to allow us to have the promotion. To begin with, it wasnt really our fault since we couldnt get anyone to attend to us before 9pm. They did extend the offer to us after the waitress went to her manager when we tried reasoning (nicely) to her, but the "mood" was just not there. Anyway, we rejected the promotion and went other places for drinks. Haha...

Dun get me wrong, the food was not awful. It's just a bad experience, coupled with limited choices and stronger competitors around the area, so that's why I said I probably will not think of going back there.

You can still go ahead to try......... if you cant think of an alternative of course!

0 comments: