Hill Top Japanese Resturant [Closed]

2:43:00 PM Unknown 1 Comments

First of all, can you believe that I am retyping this? Last night, I closed the window without saving the entry! @#$%&!!! Wat to do? Kuai Kuai retype lo... ~_~


Let me recall, how did I start this?
***********

Oh ya, I was saying that I had blogged about this place quite some time ago, however I had no photos to post as I went to the place way before I started Fun Hideout. Anyway, I finally gotten the "chance" to revisit the resturant all thanks to World Blood Donation Day!

Huh? World blood Donation Day => Hill Top Japanese Resturant?

Aiya, silly! Of coz not!

You see, since I have been such a devoted blood doner, I was given 2 free tickets to Jurong Bird Park aka JBP. Isnt it nice at times to be able to rekindle old memories as it must have been decade since I visit JBP.... =p


Again maybe not. Sometimes, memories are best kept as memories FOREVER to remain good. Hahaha... I dun remember JBP is that boring when I went there as a kid wor...

Hence in no time, we finished walking around the whole place and ended up at the resturant much earlier than our reservation time. Keke

So back to the restaurant, this must has been one of the ulu-est place to dine, "well hidden" up at the small hill top beside JBP. I would never know the place if my fren had not brought me there 3 - 4 years ago.

It is situated up on a small hill, which probably explains the name. Ha, so Not Creative huh? Well, anyway, the place is not really accessible if ya not driving. Not too sure how long it takes to walk up the winding hill from JBP's carpark. If you had tried that, let me know! So that I can let the other readers know mah.... Keke


Once you reach the so-called hill top, you will see a while building. The resturant is resided on the 1st or 2nd floor depending on your "entry point". There is also this spiral
walkway which lead all the way to the top, where you can oversee sceneries of West Singapore (and Jurong Oil Refineries). Apparently, many couples find THAT scenery appealing as there are quite a number of couples.. haha
*********

Finally, the main highlight => Japanese Teppanyaki! Ok, they also serve normal Jap food but then, who wanna make all the way there just for normal food? You must be kidding!

Customers would sit around the teppanyaki table ( if ya dunno what I meant, just go foodcourt see lah!) wearing little orange aprons so that customers will be stain-free. Put aside how ridiculous we looked with the aprons on, isnt it thoughtful of the resturant owner? =)

Our appetizers while waiting for the main courses to come



Tako! Hmm.. but dun really like to eat this wor... ;-p

Salad
Guess what's this?


*


*


*


*






Garlic Fried Rice!

Yup! I fall in love with this when I first ate it at Sakae Teppanyaki, simply delicious! I think it's nice on its own, even without any other dishes to go with. It was even true here because I couldnt finish my bowl of rice as we kinda ordered too much... so I suggest to share 1 bowl between 2 pax just to have a taste of it... ^_^


Chef at hard work!

It's definitely not a easy feat to stand for long hours in front of the stove, not to mention the greasy and the oily and and the stain etc. Salute to the chefs!

The chef was pan-frying beef in the picture. Seemed to be one of the popular orders as I saw a number of people ordering this in my 2hrs duration stay there.

Yes, I know lah! We stayed a bit longer than other people as we were busy KPO-ing at what other people were eating and watching the chef performing his "stunts" mah.. =p It was really entertaining to watch as he flamed the beef, and "audience" Woo and Arrr in the background. Haha...

Finally, our orders were here:

Sliced beef in teriyaki sauce
Tiger Prawns
Assorted Mushroom
Kai Lan
Sliced beef in teriyaki sauce

This was not too bad, but best if consumed while steaming hot. Personally, after admiring the flaming beef for a while, I would go for that the next time I visit... HoHo


Tiger Prawns

The completed product!

Oh, definitely my favourite! It was amazing how the chef was able to shell the prawns using his "tools", and he did that with such skills! He even pan fried the prawn heads, even though I was not too sure whether we were suppose to eat the prawn heads as well or simply an act to allow the chef to display his performance further..



Kai Lan

Dun really like this, there was an overdosage of garlic! And together with the garlic, the kai lan tasted bitter. Anyway, unless you are a vegetarian, dun bother to order vegetable here lah...

First of all, if you are really a vegetarian.... Why are you here in the first place! This place is for meat & seafood lovers ok? * Disapproving look*

Secondly, they serve you stir-fried bean sprouts, which tasted much much better than the kai lan..

So ya, if you though of eating slightly healthier like what I was thinking then, really la, dun bother... keke


Assorted Mushrooms

We sort of regretted ordering this as well, coz our teriyaki beef came with mushrooms. Wasted $$$

So next time you come here to dine, strategize your order! Dun anyhow order like me and ended up wasting food and money... Keke.. I misplaced the receipt, but I remember the bill amounted to roughly $60+ for the above. The price came with the usual free flow of green tea, towel, dessert and charges.
And do please remember to make a reservation, coz even though it is ulu, you will be surprised that turnover is kinda high... ^_^


1 comments:

Miso said...

Just visited this place. Had a very late lunch here and we were the only customers! Food was good but price a bit on the steep side.