2010 Sundown Marathon

3:17:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Oh gosh.. I survived the run! ^_^


Well, the completion didnt come easy... Serve me right for not training!

Within the first few hundred metres, my ankle oreadi became sore with protest. The first 5km was tough as it was only the starting and my legs cant run liao.. or rather, my mental power conquered the legs. Hoho

After the first 5km, the legs followed a motorised motion, and only picked up speed when the eyes saw the hydration stations and distance boards. Well, we needed lotza motivation, dun we? I could have run faster if they had put up sign boards stating there were 70% off LV or Miu Miu down the next 5km!

The remaining 6km was even tougher, as the finishing line seemed so near yet so far. At first, I was apologising to my legs by making them going through trekking and running in such a short interval of time. Then, I was pretending to cry so that my bf can piggy back me. Next, I was cursing and swearing.

Nevertheless,  I reminded myself to remain graceful as there was photo-taking at the finishing line.. It really felt like walking down the red carpet at Star Awards as spotlights shone on you, and there were few cameras aiming at you. Luckily, I retied my hair and strolled in with big smile.. =D 

And there, I finished 21Km! If I can do it, I'm sure many of you can excel in it!

0 comments: