Grrr.......Bad customer service

1:23:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Not that I'm bias.... but I really dun like to call in a service line and be answered by a foreigner!

I have made a reservation this morning to The Cathay Resturant for lunch . Subsequently, I called again to change it to dinner instead.

This customer service lady kept asking me for my reservation number. I was like "Huh? I was NOT given any reservation number." SOooooo, I asked her was I suppose to be given a reservation number when I made my reservation through the phone. Finally, I asked her was she asking for my hp number and it ended up the "reservation number" she was referring to, was actually my hp number. WTF, cant she just ask for my hp number in the first place?

Anyway, I told her I'm changing my reservation to dinner time, and to cancel my lunch reservation. She was having such difficulties finding my lunch reservation. Therefore, I told her if she cannot find, then forget it, just make my dinner reservation. She was totally lost, and asked me whether I had made my reservation earlier on using the same name, same "reservation number" and same timing.

How can it be same timing?? One is lunch, the other is dinner? How silly she can be.

I was not even shouting at her.. Why is it so difficult to change the timing of my reservation? I spent the damn 4min on my phone, trying to change a lunch booking to a dinner one. Not to mention, I was cut off in my first attempt, and there was no return call from The Cathay.

Well, the food in The Cathay better be good as my first impression (via the phone call) was already discounted. Grrrrr....

**********

On second thought, maybe the customer service training should be fine-tune instead. I fully understand that english, even though, is a widely used language, does sound differently depending on where you come from.

Therefore, it is important to be clear and precise, such as DO NOT confuse your customer with all those terminology such as "reservation number" when simply, it is just a handphone number.

And if you cant find the earlier booking, just take down whatever information you need, such as name, timing of booking, hp number and do the search after the call. Instead, she made me wait and wait and wait... My call out is not free.

=(


*****************************************************************************

Updates!

I went to The Cathay and I think the food there is rather not bad! So stay tune for the review!

Btw, I'm SO going to Humble House again! Yeah more pictures coming up! ^_^

0 comments: