Ippudo

11:23:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Having read about this outlet, which is the first in Asia beside the main branch in Japan, I must definitely give it a try!

IPPUDO
Venue: 333A Orchard Road #04-02/03/04
Mandarin Gallery Singapore 238867
Contact: 6235 2797
Time: Mon - Sat, 11am - 11pm, Last order at 10pm
Sun, 11am - 10pm, Last order at 9pm
Website: http://www.ippudo.com.sg/

**********
This is the entrance to the resturant at Mardarin Gallery. People were queuing ( no reservations allowed) like mad, the queue circled the big table in the resturant and out of the resturant. While in the queue inside, you could probably "kill time", by browing through the menu which can be found on the big table.

I'm wondering what's the purpose of the table. Why not remove it, and put in a couple more tables and chairs instead? Hmmm...
As you can see from the pictures, the place is not really big. You probably need to share tables with strangers. However, we were lucky enough to be assigned to a table of two. Haha, but there wasnt more privacy either, as the tables were really close to each other.

Seats at the counter bar
Wall decorations
Shiromaru Tamago - $17

The original receipe tonkotsu served with thin noddles, Ros chashu (Pork Loin), cabbage, kikurage & Spring onion 
( $15 if without the flavoured egg)

This was ordered by my bf. Since I only tried a few mouthful, I shall not comment too much. Overall, I think it was good, even though I prefered my choice - Seasonal Ramen. ^_^

The ramen were all served in big bowls, so the price is really worthwhile. We were really full after finishing the ramen plus the soup lor.. And definitely satisfactory.

Seasonal Ramen ~ Kyusyu Miso Tonkutsu - $17

Ippudo original pork broth with blended miso, mild in taste. Cabbage, japanese leek, spring onion, pork belly, pork loin, flavoured half egg

This was recommended by a friend who I bumped into at Mardarin Gallery. She just finished her meal at Ippudo and recommended me to try the seasonal ramen.

Frankly speaking, I'm not too sure what it means by "Seasonal Ramen"...

 ~ Is it seasonal as in the period, i.e. you probably get different ramen variety at different period, depending what ingredient is available in the season? 

~ Or it's just a name for that particular ramen? 

Hmm... dunno leh....*Shaked head vigourously*

Enough of the confusion, the ramen that I had was really fantastic! Hurray! I finally made an order that was equally good, if not better, than my bf's.

A whisper in the wind " But you said that was recommended by your friend... You dint choose it yourself..."

*Pondered*

Well,who cares! My fren told me outside of the resturant, so it was not counted! I made the order myself in the resturant.

* Nod head vigourously*

The soup base was much sweeter than the other ramen that I had tried before. I loved it so much, I finished every single drop!

The noodles was springy, cooked to perfection. As for the egg, I think Marutama's still hold the crown.


Look at the pork belly!

Ladies! Dun be fooled by its appearance even though it looked oily and fatty..

But, please please dun throw it away as if it is some kind of undesirable thing to put inside your mouth. You must eat the whole piece ~ fats & meat together, coz it simply melted in my mouth. There was no regrets, no gulit. In fact, I was hoping for more! =p 
On the right: Rare Cheese Cake
On the left: Cherry Blossom Ice

Well, even though we were really full, there was always space for desserts!

The desserts variety is not a lot, but we decided to order for the more unique ones, based on the names.

The cheese cake was not the typical Amercian rich cheese style, nor the Japanese fluffy sponge type. Instead, it was very light and tasted almost like tofu, just that it was sweet. The cherry blossom icecream was refreshing, tasted a bit like strawberry ice-cream.

I definitely will come back for more, and hopefully they can open more branches or allow reservations so that we dun have to queue so long. Keke


*********
Updates!

Oops, I have made a mistake earlier on. The white bowl noodles in the picture was actually Shiromaru Tamago, and not Akamaru Tamago. I tried the Akamaru noodles (red bowl) today instead. It was more salt-is, probably because of the miso paste. Nevertheless, it was just as good! We tried, also, the potato salad with came in bacon bits and carrot. This was animously agreed to be good.. ^_^


Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: