Jones the Grocer

12:41:00 AM Unknown 2 Comments

I have wanted to try out Jones the Grocer since I saw it at Dempsey Road. Due to its location, I find it hard to wake up early in the morning, take a train plus a bus to reach there. The "push factors" are too great! Aiya, I usually only have access to car at night mah.. What to do? I need a sponser for a car plus driver.. Text me if you decide to do so! =p

*Dreaming happily*

Finally, Jones has become more accessible, with its new location at Mardarin Gallery! Hurray! Breakfast time again!

*******

We went at about 2plus, thinking that the crowd would have subsided by then.

Wrong lor... There was still a queue at that time. Alamak, why these people so lazy, woke up so late to eat breakfast... *sulky face*

We waited for about half an hour before getting a seat... Heng, it was not too long, my tummy was protesting oreadi!

JONES THE GROCER
Venue: 21-23 Mardarin Gallery
333 Orchard Road
Contact: 6476 1512

******


Well, either you can choose to refer to the selection listed in the menu. Otherwise, the menu is written on the chalkboard mounted on the wall as well. Apparently, such a concept is getting popular with resturant..

I would say it was quite a struggle to order... everything seemed so expensive... Sigh..

But since we were having brunch, it was considered 2 meals at a time, so we can afford slightly higher end stuff... Heh, we are good at self hypnotizing.. keke


Smoothies - $7.50

I couldnt remember the exact smoothies that we ordered, but I suppose it had to do something with strawberries, judging from the appearance? It was pretty good, very milky and thick with chunks of strawberries. Most important, it dint taste sour or too sweet. Like it! ^_^

Jones English Breakfast - $22
Eggs Poached, Fried or Scambled with Jones Sausage, Slow Roasted Tomato, Sauteed Mushrooms, Bacon and Sourdough Toast

I ordered this because it came with lotza varieties! In fact, I think this can be shared between 2 persons if you are not too hungry. Particularly, I adored the scambled egg & the mushrooms.. yummy!


My "own" created sandwich.. Everything on the bread! Mmmmm, so so satisfying!

Jones Wagyu Beef Burger - $26.50
Roasted Tomato, Rocket Salad & Cheese with Jones Balsamic Onion Jam

My bf ordered this because the word "Wagyu" was simply too tempting... Hehe.

The portion was big and the burger was okay. In fact, I like the "orangish" sauce in the background that went very well with the wedges. But I probably wont order this again. The truth is I'm aint a fan of beef patty aka minced beef. It was such a waste! I preferred solid beef steak, which will be more satisfying. Keke

Again, this is my personal preference. If you dun fancy breakfast dishes, this may not be a bad choice? Then again, what are you doing at Jones when you dun like breakfast dishes?? * Puzzled*

Overall, the dishes are pretty decent, taste wise and presentation, albeit expensive. Magazines are provided, so you  can savour breakfast and cakes, while enjoying a good article. Nice way to spend a weekend afternoon indeed!

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear, try Wild Honey. Think you will enjoy. Beware the queue. It is freaking longer than Jones.

Unknown said...

Keke, I have tried Wild Honey. Like the food, like the layout.. but just dun like the price. =p

Spent like $60 over for 2 pax..