Raindrops keep falling on my head... ^_^ [Closed]

10:01:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

There's a saying, all good things come to en end.  Sad to say, Raindrops Cafe has closed down on 25 May 2013.  It's really not easy to run a small business. You are at the "mercy" of the landlord, there's rising costs to ingredients & manpower, high expectation of customers and not to mention, competition from similar businesses or the bigger players! 
 
Let's all be nice to all the small or start-up businesses, for their entrepreneurship! *Salute*

 ********

Hey, Raindrops Cafe has new additions in their menu. Yippie! ^_^

I cant wait to find out what are the new items and so there I was, for dinner after work. It was kinda late, like 8 plus, and so we dint order a lot, just a main dish each and a starter to share. I would love to order more, but sigh, my waistline and weight simply dun allow.

Seafood Cream Puff - $9

I was expecting a pastry puff stuffed with seafood, but this was served differently with the same ingredients. The seafood consisted of prawns, clams and mussels. Hmm, I would prefer sotong & fish instead of the shell seafood, but it's all personal preference. Nevertheless, the seafood was fresh and the cream sauce complemented it completely.
Fish & Chip - $15

I think this was not a new item, cant really remember but this was definitely one of my bf's fav dish. Serving was generous with 2 big slices and it came with waffle fries!
Chicken Roulade - $22

One of the new main course, so of coz I must try it. This was chicken wrapped with ham, served with honey mustard sauce as well as mashed potato. I dun really like the sauce, but the chicken itself was pretty good.  And oh ya, the mashed potato was too little! Keke

As I was treating my bf to a new icecream place (next entry, really soon, I promise!), we skipped desserts at Raindrops. But I managed to take a glimpse and noted new items as well. However, my favourite banana sabayon was removed from the menu! Sobz... Bring back my banana sabayon!!!!! =(

That aside, remember to visit Raindrops Cafe to try out their new menu!

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: