One Caramel [Closed]

10:43:00 PM Unknown 1 Comments

I love desserts, despite knowing the "harmful effects" (extra pounds, burning pockets etc) on me. That's precisely why I named my dessert menu as "Devilish Desserts", they are so "evil".. Keke

I'm always on a look out for good dessert places. Somewhere nice and cozy to enjoy a good selection of cakes & desserts. And I think I've found one in town =)


One Caramel
It's easily accessible via MRT, at a building called The Luxe, which is just beside The Cathay. The only pity is that the place is rather small. Do call and make a reservation to avoid disappointment!

Updates: The restaurant  has moved! Please refer below for the new addresses.

********

My first trip there was with my gal friends. Being girls, we tend to be irrational when ordering desserts. Anything that seemed pretty enough was worthy of our order!  Well, nevermind that we had just have dinner. Nevermind that we were always complaining of putting on weights. Ah ha!





Home made icecream - $5 each

We ordered classic chocolate as well as strawberry and yuzu icecream, which came with lotza berries. I like! I particularly liked the yuzu icecream, which was a hot fav among us. Kenak whacked clean within minutes. Keke.

Yuzu is  pomolo flavour, which is quite rare in western desserts. You can find yuzu sorbet in Sushi Tei as well though. It tends to be more sour compared to the creamier flavour, but refreshing.




1-Caramel "Assiette"

The desserts were so tempting, just reading the descriptions alone! We simply cant decided on what to order, and so we ordered the platter, which comes in different sizes:

Selection of 3 petite desserts - $16
Selection of 4 petite desserts - $20
Selection of 5 petite desserts - $24

Needless to say, we ordered the biggest size! Hey, we had so many of us here, so it was justifiable! Humpt!


Frozen 'deconstructed' Strawberry Shortcake
Made up of strawberry icecream, vanilla sponge, flaky caramelized puffy pastry and fresh strawberries


 

This was really pretty and nice, although the strawberries were kinda sour. But I adored the presentation, the creamy strawberry icecream and sponge cubes! On its own, it is priced at $14, which probably should be a bigger portion compared to the one in the assortment. Not too sure though, please ask the service staff to confirm!



This may looked non appealing ~ a scope of vanilla icecream sitting on a rectangular brownish subject. But it was good! The brownish thingy tasted of nutella aka hazelnut, which blended very well with the creamy vanilla ice cream.

Sad to say, I dunno the name so even if I'm to revisit, I cannot order it!! I suppose the selection in the platter will change now and then, so by ordering the platter will not mean I get to "see" it again... How ar?? >.<


Brownie cake -> Normal.

Really normal. In fact, a bit dry. =p


Espresso Creme Brulee
Classic french custard infused with Toby's estate espresso topped with caramelized toffee crust

This was rather unique compared to the normal egg custard creme brulee. At first, I dun really fancy it, coz it was on the bitter side. Then again, the bitterness of the espresso seemed to neutralize the overall sweetness of the custard, giving it a balanced taste. Nice try ^_^

Again, on its own, it's priced at $12.


Warm Apple Crumble
Classic apple crumble with crispy pantry, vanilla creme

Oh well, this didnt seem to appeal much to us. Just very passable. If you like to try it on its own, it's priced at $14 and comes with salted butterscotch ice cream.


******

2nd visit with bf

Well, there was only 2 of us and we were on a strict diet ( try lah), we dint order much...


Lychee Rose Cake with Ice Cream - $11.40

The cake alone cost $7.90, which we topped up $3.50 for a ice cream of our choice.

I ordered this because I like anything with Lychee.. Lychee tea, Lychee martini etc. But hor, this was not so fantastic. Lychee and rose dun seem to be good friends lah. The cake itself was mainly mousse with a very thin layer of sponge and another layer of jelly-like texture. Hard to describe, taste wise is a tad sour, coupled with strong rose aroma. Overall, weird or maybe I'm not so adventurous afterall.. *Shrugged*

 

Minty Pear Smoothie - $8

My bf ordered the drink, which thankfully tasted good. I mean if both orders were a boo hoo, then very sad mah...

Anyway, the smoothie tasted very refreshing & minty, with small bites of pear. But dun wait till the ice has melted, otherwise it will taste plain since the taste is meant to be light and refreshing mah.

3rd visit with bf

Hey, I'm not late in my posting, ok?

*Frowning*

Erm, I'm trying to collate as many items as possible in 1 entry, so that the entry will be more comprehensive! Oh yeah!


Red Miso Souffle with Yuzu Icecream

Oh ya, the decor on the cup was indeed very Christmas-y, and that simply because we were there on last Xmas eve. Ok lah, I was super late in blogging this entry. The picture gave me away!

Yuzu icecream, perfect as usual. It was fast becoming my top favorite flavour. =)

As for the souffle, it was okay, a tad salty and not the usual sweetness in normal vanilla or chocolate souffle. That was still acceptable, I mean, we should explore different taste mah.



The souffle should be "crispy" on the outside and light & fluffy inside. Instead this was soggy & wet. Not very well done I would say.

Price wise. Being very smart I took a picture of the menu with the description but I missed out the price. =p

If I'm not wrong, it should be about $10? Keke

*******



1 CARAMEL
Venue: 1 Raffles Place (OUB Centre) #01-K2 / 1 Rochester Park Level 2
Contact: 6534 0996 / 6774 1302

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks! =)

I've added the "Follow" function as well.. keke