Long Beach

9:19:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Oh well, another super outdated entry. But hey, what's new, right?=p

*******

I went Long Beach @ East Coast  last year with my family, coz my dad wanted to give us a treat.

Come to think of it, I have never spent money myself at Long Beach. My first time at Long Beach was also a treat from a colleague but we went to the branch at Dempsey. Woo hoo, I <3 Long Beach! * Super bias comment*






We were there at about 6plus, so that explained the "emptiness".



Not to worry, we had lotza fishes, crabs, all kinds of seafood to accompany us! The feeling was most likely not mutual, they probably dun feel too happy to see us aka the "predators".. oops!





We were sitting right in front of these big tanks. Kinda weird looking at them alive one moment, and the next, served on our dining table. I wonder what the fishes were thinking when they looked at us from inside of the tank. They probably cursing and swearing at us for eating up their "friends".



On a side note, I noticed that the wet tissue packaging seem a bit sleazy. What's the connection between a bikini lady and a seafood restaurant anyway? 

Enuff of my random photos, food was finally served! =)


Bamboo Clams

This was one of my favourite dish. I like anything with rubbery texture, such as abalone & squid. 



This dish looked simple with just some sauce and chopped garlic, but it tasted heavenly.  The garlic definitely played a major role in bringing out the aroma, and yet covering any "fishy" smell of the seafood. I dun like to eat garlic, but dishes cooked with garlic are good! You should try it!



Chilli Crab with fried Man Tuo 馒头


White Pepper Crab

There were 7 of us, so we ordered 2 crabs cooked in different style. The Chilli Crab was a must order. I particularly adored the gravy even though I dun take spicy food.  The eggs in the gravy sure helped to mellow the spiciness a bit, so that I just need to gulp down one glass of iced water instead of one jug. Hahaha..

One thing I like about Long Beach crabs ~ They were super meaty! And I love to eat the fried Man Tuo 馒头 with the gravy. Yummy!

On the contrary, the White Pepper Crab was quite blend. It was recommended by the waiter lor! Humpt, bad recommendation. I should have ordered crab with century egg! 


Vegetable with golden mushroom


Fried Fish

Overall, I think the Chilli Crab and Bamboo Clam were still the best! The rest of the items were passable. As for pricing wise, I've lost the receipt and I cannot remember the prices! Sobz

As a rough gauge, do prepare to spend about $40-$50 per pax if you are ordering items similar to mine. Seafood tends to be more expensive. Then again, if you dun plan to eat seafood there, what are you doing at a seafood restaurant? *scratched head*


********

LONG BEACH
Please click for the locations

0 comments: