Aburiya

9:44:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

You know how much I love to eat beef.... I have eaten so much beef at one go, that I'm feeling so guilty that I need to remind myself consciously to choose other kind of meat on the menu.. =p

But.. but.. here I go, with another review on charcoal grilled beef.. hahahah

********

I first went to Aburiya sometime on my birthday month, which was September last year. At the time of this entry, I had already revisited the place. So dun think I ate so much hor, the pictures were a combination of the two visits. ^_^
ABURIYA
Venue: 60 Robertson Quay #01-03 The Quayside
Contact: 6735 4862

*********
Presenting..... Aburiya
The place is rather small, with simple setup. They do have alfresco dining, which in short, sit outside with no air con lah... Keke.
They have ala carte selection as well as set menu. Being the first time there, we decided to go for the set menu, which is already a handful to choose from. We chose Set E, being the one with the most variety ~ a good mixture of meat & seafood. On top of that, we ordered Wagyu beef as well.
On my 2nd visit, we decided to go all the way... Beef Combo aka Set A!
Assorted Kimchi

For a start, we had assorted kimchi as appetizer. I'm no kimchi fan, so this picture is meant for show nia, cant comment much. On a good side, it wasnt too spicy or too sour, so I did manage to nibble a few cucumber slices. Aiya, it was part of the set that I paid , so nia nia must eat a few... Hoho
Shitake Mushroom
They looked big & pretty on the grill right?
Yeah right! After the mushroom was grilled, they shrank! ~_~

I love the mushroom, which came in nice sweet sauce. But do note that you dun want to overdose the mushroom with the sweet sauce. I did that on my second visit, and the mushroom became too sweet.. -_-"
Egg Soup

Just a simple bowl of egg soup, which contained seaweed, egg and bean sprouts for 2 to share.
Beef Stew

Ooo.. I love this! The meat, the potato and the carrot all tasted sweet and soft. It was soooo good, I tell you! They simply fell apart in the mouth, revealing a sweet taste that teased you for more.

In fact, I revisited Aburiya because I missed the beef stew... But alas, they dun serve it on my 2nd trip. =(

Instead, they replaced the beef stew with beef sashimi...
Beef Sashimi with raw egg
A close up of the dish, after I mixed in the raw egg yolk. Looked kinda disgusting huh?

My bf, being the conservative type, refused to try it. I had no choice but to eat this. Well, someone got to eat to know how it's like, right? *Shrugged*

Being sashimi, it meant raw beef. I bet not many people know that Japanese eat raw beef. I came to know when my fren told me that Japanese treat this as a delicacy when he went back to Japan for his annual family visit. In fact, I was quite surprised that it was served in Singapore. Maybe I am just being mountain turtle. *Frown*

It didnt taste awful, in fact, I find it tasteless. At least, raw fish taste sweet. Guess, I dun really like it afterall. I thought it was quite wasted if we dun eat it. So we tried grilling the raw beef, which was a dumb idea lah. Coz the meat was sliced till such small pieces, that it went through the holes in the grill. So next, we tried to boil the beef by putting them in the egg soup. You must do this really fast, at least before the soup turns cold. Innovative right? =p
Green Salad

What completes a meal? Vegetables of coz! And ya, they served such a big bowl of salad, that you be wondering did they grow their own vegetables, so free one, can give a lot..keke
Wagyu Beef (Extra order)
Tenderloin

To be frank, I dunno which is which. But I reckon that since wagyu beef is more expensive, it has to be served in a more "expensive" manner, so that explained the extra leaf on the plate. Logical right? Hee
Prime Short Rib & Outside Skirt (From Set A)

Again, I dunno which is which... hahhaha.
Extra orders of pork, which probably was pork collar or pork tummy. Haha, I cant tell! =p
Chicken
Tiger Prawn
Scallop

*******

Here we go, cooking in progress by my bf.....
Lotza and lotza meat!!!!!

They may looked small but they were sure filling and satisfying! The beef was of coz good! With minimal seasoning, the beef was naturally sweet and tender. The pork came with some fatty part, so it's really up to individual's preference. Chicken was good also, very tender!
The prawn was okay but I dun think they were tiger prawn though. Looked so tiny to me. Haha
I had chosen to cook my scallop with butter, but I think I prefer my scallop to boil in steamboat soup where it can retain its freshness and remains succulent. Oh well, the scallop was soaked in the melted butter, and they ended up being abeit too oily for my liking. I thought it was a waste of good ingredient, especially when the scallop was so big!

Overall, it was a good and satisfying meal. Price wise, it is about $40 - $50 per pax (with no extra order). Slightly on the higher end, but it's just a premium for a more comfortable eating environment. Least the table are big enuff to display all the items and the ventilation is fairly okay ~ you dun stink so much as compared to other grill places. 

Do the pictures make you feel hungry? Try it then! =)

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: