Singapore Garden Festival

11:42:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments


Venue: Garden By The Bay

********


Through my company's Nature Care Program, I had the fortunate to serve as a volunteer and accompanied the kids from Metta School, together with Chung Cheng Secondary School, to visit Singapore Garden Festival held at Garden by the Bay. 

For those who had missed the festival, let me share the photos with you here!

The weather was killing but that definitely did nothing to dampen the spirit for the kids. Kids are still kids, they were curious and excited to find out more about the different types of plants and flowers. I was the big spolit 'kid' there, complaining about the hot weather. =p 

Fortunately, most of the exhibitions are either air-conditioned or with shelter. Hehe

Landscape Gardening

Bonzai
Can you make out the chinese words? I can see 我爱你. 寿, 艺术, 福. Pretty amazing huh

Indoor Gardening
The concept is pretty but I find it impractical. I cant imagine the amount of dirt & dust that will  be collected on the display and how much housework to be done in order to keep the dining area clean. Between being artistic and cleanliness, I opt for the latter option. Typical homemaker. LOL

The ticket came with free entrance to flower dome. This time round, we had cactus and orchid display.
Probably the first time I've seen such big cactus. Cant imagine landing my bum on all these. Keke
I love flowers! So colourful and vibrant! I will love to wake up to my balcony surrounded with lotza of flowers. 

Too bad, I dont seem to have green fingers. In fact, I've tried growing sunflowers, tomato etc in my balcony and all came to the same dreadful fate.... DEAD.  So I guess, I better leave them alone. Maybe I should just invest in plastic flowers hor?

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: