Bloomsbury Bakers

9:56:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments


BLOOMSBURY BAKERS
Venue: 30 Bendemeer Road S330030
Contact: 6299 3450

*******


Chanced upon Bloomsbury Bakers when I was searching for food places near Boon Keng. Since I was alone for lunch, I decided to go and check out this quaint little cafe in the midst of HDB blocks and industrial estate. 

It seems that more & more cafes selling little cakes & tarts sprouting in the old neighborhood estate. I've been to other two more at Hougang & Toa Payoh areas which I will share more in my next posts. Hope that will entice you to revisit my blog! *evil smile* 

Anyway, the cafe was not too hard to find, very near to the bendemeer market. It just that if I had not known the cafe beforehand, I would probably not expect one in this area, kind of out of place? 

I reckon probably rental is much cheaper in these old estates, which allows young entrepreneurs to fulfill their baker dreams. And I'm sure there are a lot of people like myself who vet through social media like instagram, pinterest, facebook etc to cafehop! Oh well, first visit is easy but what makes a cafe to outshine its competitors is  how it attracts revisit. Good luck to all the bakers out there! ^__^

Red Velvet Cake - $5

I dunno how you choose which item to buy when faced with a wide selection of pretty cakes and tarts. But for me, I will choose one that seems to be more popular, i.e. item which seems to sell out faster lor. Keke

And so red velvet cake, it shall be!

I really like the red velvet cake here which had more cake and less cream cheese. It was also moist and soft, unlike some other places which made me gasping for water if I ate the cake too fast. The coconut shaving is optional but I thought it added extra flavour to the otherwise similar taste. Anyway it was so good that I accidentally finished it, and ended up I cant finish my duck rice which was suppose to be my lunch. Keke

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: