Passing of A Great Man

10:28:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

I shared the same birthday date as Mr LKY. To me, its like a special connection to him. It's something to be proud of; whenever someone asks when is my bdae, to which I will say 16 Sep, same as LKY!

I dont know what will be life without him governing this little red dot on the world map. As the time that I was born, Singapore was already peaceful with abundant opportunities, a great place to call home. Perhaps our grandparents or parents will appreciate much more as they had personally went through the hard times. His great achievements were merely history subject which was not exactly my best subject in school. Perhaps we are too fortunate...

However, since news of his critical condition released, the social media was flooded with his news. Suddenly, I seemed to know him better. But it's his love story that really touched me. A colleague said, death of your spouse is the most detrimental event that can ever happen to a person. Its with my own eyes that I saw a great man, whom I always wonder, why so old yet had cheeks more rosy than me,  started to show sign of aging. The departure of Mrs Lee was undeniably, a great blow to this great man.

It seemed unreal that the mighty man himself had departed. Death is something that spares no one, not even the mighty man. I sincerely hope that it had been a peaceful and painless one.

May Mr Lee and Mrs Lee meet together in the other side. Although Mr Lee had so unromantically expressed that it will be quite impossible, if not the other side will probably be overpopulated, I still hope that Mr Lee is given an exception because he was such an unexceptional man. Goodbye Mr Lee.  请走好。

0 comments: