3D 2N Krabi (Part 1)

9:51:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Wanted to have a cheap getaway trip + a birthday treat for my bf, and so we settled for a 3D2N trip to Krabi. The flight and accommodation cost only about $700 for 2 pax. On top of these, we got a deal from the hotel, which included a Phi Phi islands trip, plus a lunch and dinner. Keke

Before I go on, please bear with the different photo quality, courtesy of my dead Sony camera ( please appreciate its "final" art pieces), my 3GS iphone using instagram (My current fav photography application ~ all the photos look awesome with it!) and my bf's 4G iphone. Okay, now we are ready to continue...






We got to reach airport at 430am to check in for our flight at 635am. Guess what, I woke up only at 4am, had a shock of my life when I looked at the clock! Heng that I had packed my bag  the day before and was ready to leave house in 15mins time. Morning flight was a dread! I was so zombie lor..




We reached Krabi in about 2 hours, local time about 7+am (timing difference of an hour). Good thing about morning flight, we had plenty of time ahead. =)

The journey from the airport to Aonang Beach took about 30 - 40mins. We had free airport transfer by the hotel, so I'm not sure about the pricing if you are taking taxi wor. As a rough gauge, the taxi fare from Aonang Beach to Krabi Town, which will also take about 30 - 40 mins cost 500 Baht (~ $20).


 Ananta Burin Hotel


Our super big room

With pool view access ~ Although, there was nothing much to see. Keke


Massage facilities beside the pool

We thought that it was weird to have your body massage out in the open, so we went to nearby hotel to do it instead. In fact, massage facilities is everywhere lor. A thai massage that lasts for an hour can be as little as 250 Baht ($10). So cheap!!!! So we went massage on both days lor..


Smelly canal along the way

Oh well, initially we were going for elephant trekking trip. But the hotel was quite screwed up in deciding on the pricing. I was told that it was 750 Baht in the email but when I was there, the pricing had changed to 900 Baht instead.  I was quite pissed off and decided not to go for it.

Later, I realized that the hotel was merely getting the pricing from those "tourist information" shops, which could vary from shop to shop. There are a variety of activities to do such as jungle trekking, water rafting, cliff climbing, 4 wheel drive, hot spring, canoeing and so on. All these are available at the "tourist information" shop. In fact, there are 2 such shops right opposite my hotel.

Then again, most of the trips start off at 830am, so by the time we reached hotel, settled down etc, we couldnt really go for any trips liao. So do take that into consideration if you are planning to do a few activities.

We laze around a bit before heading down to Krabi Town.



We took the "public bus" which looked nothing like a bus. It looked more like a mini truck lor. Had a tough time trying to spot it. Basically, it had the location e.g. Krabi Town, Aonang Beach written on the truck, and you can down flag it down along the road. Fare wise, cost only 50 - 60 Baht per person, so much cheaper than taking a cab!


A peek at Aonang Beach along the way


Krabi Town


Actually nothing much here. So I will suggest coming here if you are really bored, i.e. after exhausting ideas like lazing in the hotel swimming pool, taking a nap in the hotel, watch TV in hotel etc.





Our lunch at The Pizza Company

Hey, they serve pork pizza! Keke


Taking the same "bus" back to Aonang Beach after lunch.

Some random photos..



Different modes of transport:




Aonang Beach:





I always thought that a picture showing a old couple walking hand in hand along the beach looked loving. So I took this photo without the consent of the old couple! Keke

Too bad, they were not holding hand, if not, it will be perfect with the sunset backdrop, sea and sand.


Panoramic view of Aonang Beach


Before long, it was dinner time again!

I seemed to be doing nothing, except to sleep and eat in my day 1 at Krabi hor? Hahahah


Our dinner venue




Beef in Green Curry


Prawns with Pepper & Garlic


Phai Thai


Grilled Sotong

Guess how much for the above?

*

*

*

It was only 500 Baht! $20 for a dinner for two! And they tasted good also!



Grilled corn along the way back to hotel... yeah man, eat again!Woo hoo!





Lastly, banana split and alcohol before we said good night to the world... Keke

To be continued... Phi Phi Island

0 comments: