Back in action!

12:15:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

I'm back from Hong Kong! Holidays are usually way tooooo short and time flies toooo fast, dun you agree? I merely blinked my eye, and I'm back from my 4D3N trip already.... >.<

Anyway, I was quite impressed by Cathay Pacific. My first time travelling with them and the experience was good! Food was good, served with high quality utensil ( not those white plastic  kind that breaks so easily) and Haagen Zazs icecream, both to and back! The only shortcoming is that they dun give pillows, only blankets on request, something to note if you tend to have stiff neck.

Oh, did I mention that we took 1am flight to HK? OMG, we were served full meal (yummy chicken with rice, fruits and strawberry icecream!) at 2+ am, and we just had to finish it coz it was so good. Guess what, cant fall asleep after that and so I was almost awoke the whole flight =_=

Big mistake, we felt so giddy & tired after doing some shopping in the morning and so we went back to sleep in the afternoon. First time, I took a nap when I was on holiday. Keke
Ok, enuff of my crap. I wanna share my itinerary but how shall I do this? Ok I shall split my hongkong trip into 4 categories : Transport, Food, Sightseeing & Shopping, ya? If you like what you gonna seen, give me a thumb up, olrite?  =p

Transport

It was super duper easy to travel on your own in HK. To transfer from the airport to the hotel, just take the Airport Express. It will stop at both Kowloon & HK Island, and from the station, there is also free shuttle bus to your hotel.

I didnt know about the free shuttle bus until I was there. Coincidentally, I had booked a hotel that had the shuttle bus service stop. I was almost prepared to lug my luggage from Wan Chai station to the hotel lor, but with the free shuttle bus, I had free transport right to the hotel doorstep ! So lucky!

In case you have the same question mark in your head, yes, they do provide free shuttle bus service from the hotel back to the airport. Just check the shuttle bus timing with the hotel reception. =)

For the list of hotels with the shuttle bus service stop, please click here.


Comfy seat via the Airport Express

I bought the Airport Express Travel Pass at HK300 (consist of a refundable HK50 deposit), which include  2 single journey(s) on the Airport Express as well as 3 days of unlimited travel on MTR, Light Rail and MTR Bus (except Airport Express, East Rail Line First Class, Lo Wu and Lok Ma Chau stations).  

In case you have as many questions as me, the return trip for the Airport Express need not be used on the third day. That is, if you are there for e.g. 5 days, you can use the MTR unlimited for 3 days, or 72 hours from the first usage, subsequently you can just add value to the card to continue to use  it and then use the same card for your return trip to the airport on the fifth day. Clear? 


There are other tourist pass, but this one works best for me. You may click here for the other tourist passes
 
It was so convenient with the unlimited travel on MTR, we kept returning back to our hotel to dump our loot before going out for more. Keke

Most of the time we travelled via the MTR, but we also took bus and ferry to travel to some other places. I would say it was kinda fun finding your way around an unfamiliar place. Hehe

Btw if you like to have the HK map, directions to tourist attractions etc before your trip, just email HK Tourism Board  and they will mail it to your house FOC! Cool!

Ok, next up -> HK Shopping! Stay tuned!

0 comments: