Melaka Trip

12:33:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

I went to Melaka for a company event over the last weekend. It was filled with activities and so, I only got some free time on the second aka last day. Guess what, I went on a continuous food hunt in that few hours.. Keke

First stop ~ Chicken Rice Ball (Jonker Street)

Wanna eat Hoe Kee Chicken Rice Ball, but alas, it was closed! Sad >.< You can read about it here on my previous trip to Melaka.

We ended up eating at Gu Cheng instead.






I think the rice balls at Hoe Kee were much better. Here, the rice balls had no fragrant and the texture was rather mashed. Hmm, I dunno how to appreciate leh. *Shrugged*

The chicken was comparably much better, very tender and smooth. The roasted meat was pretty good also, altot abeit oily.

A whole kampong chicken was priced at RM50, and the rice balls (each the size of a ping pong ball) was abt 20cents or 40cents.

Second stop ~ Pineapple tarts (Jonker Street)




Made from butter


Made from margarine 

I cant differentiate the two, and so I bought 1 of each type. Both were nice, at least better than the one I bought last time at Melaka. And I cant resist freshly baked pineapple tarts. Keke

The crust was abeit dry but that was still "bearable", and the pineapple filling was of the right sweetness too. The pineapple tarts was priced at RM13 per box.

Third stop ~ Crepe Cake (Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall)

Nadeje Patisserie
UB-051, 052, 053,
Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall,
Jalan Merdeka, 75000 Bandar Hilir, Melaka.
Operating hours : 10am until 10.30pm.




I tried the Tiramisu & Original flavours ~ yummy! I hope that they can start a branch at Johor, so that it's nearer to me whenever I have a craving mah...

The crepe cakes were priced at RM9 each, so that was about S$4. Quite okay leh, considered that the serving was pretty big.

Service wise was rather lousy lah.. we called for the bill, and after like thousand years, the waiter still didnt give us the bill. We almost wanna walked out without paying liao lor. But we got integrity one, of coz guai guai go to counter and pay our bill lor. =p

After all these, we went for prawn mee at Old Town (opposite Nadeje). Seriously, Old Town was so much affordable in Malaysia! And yes, we were like glutton, eating non stop until it was time to say goodbye to Melaka.=p

Ok, back to my indulgence in the 49days OST.. The soundtracks are all so good! You must go and listen even if you dun like to watch drama. And how come all the Korean actors are good looking, can act, can cry and can sing too! So unfair!!!

0 comments: