Florence, Italy - Food & Accomodation

9:00:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

We took the train from Venezia Santa Lucia (Venice train station) to Firenza S.Maria Novella (Florence station station), Florence. Train journey was about 2 hours.

We stayed in Hotel Globus, which was pretty near to the station. I forgot to take pictures of the hotel but it was decent. Again, we needed to drag the luggage up one level to the reception, after which, there was lift to take you to your floor. =)

The room came with all the necessities - TV, fridge, towels, hair dryer etc. Breakfast was included, though the variety was rather limited. Try the hot chocolate, I liked it.

Address: Via S. Antonino 24, San Lorenzo, Florence, 50123

Food

Overall, food in Switzerland & Italy was not impressive, or rather not my cup of tea. I think we are too pampered by the various kinds of cooking methods, seasoning and spices in Asia cuisine, that I find the food in my trip so far, a tad boring. *Shrugged*

But a man got to eat anyway, so here is the list of what we ate.

1) La Dantesca 

Address: Via Panzani 57/r 50123

Our Orders:
Coperto - EUR 4 (Cover charge)
Boscaiola Pizza - EUR 7.80
Spaghetti Alla Carbonara - Eur 8 

My husband googled this restaurant, supposed to be good but apparently just passable.  The pizza was thin crust, with simple ingredient like mushroom, pork and sausage. Carbonara was horrible, in my own opinion. It was simply a clot of spaghetti that I find it hard to swallow, even though my stomach was growling.

2)

Dinner near our hotel. I was desperate for meat, after so many days of just cheese, bread, pasta and pizza. Lol

3) Grom

Address: Via del Campanile (near Duomo)


4) Florino D'oro

Address: Piazza della Repubblica, 10, Florence, Italy


Restaurant located in the center of Florence city. Prices were high so we just settled with the pasta with bolognese and a vegetarian pizza. Nice place for people watching but probably not the best place to settle a meal.

5) Antica Pizzera

Address: Via Borgo San Lorenzo 39r 

Our Orders:
Top: Risotto zucchine e gamberetti (risotto with shrimps & zucchine) - EUR9
Bottom: Penne Al Salmone (penne with salmon) - EUR10

We missed rice and the best alternative was risotto, and then it was risotto for every meal if possible. Haha...

The penne was okay but the risotto was much loved here. Really liked the sweetness of the rice (probably due to the prawn) and the zucchine. If you notice, I developed my love of zucchine in my trip.

6) Bondi

Address: Via Nazionale, 45/47r

Our Orders
Roast Beef - EUR 10
Risotto Fungi Porcini - EUR 9.50
Strawberries with Mascarpone Cream - EUR4

We chanced upon this restaurant while we were looking for a restaurant recommended by my day tour guide, which happened to be closed. Fortunately, the food at Bondi turned out quite okay!

Again, we ordered risotto and meat.  Food was pretty good but portion was a tad small. Be prepared to order more and pay more if you are a big eater.

Places we visited in Florence coming up soon! 

Like Fun-Hideout Facebook Page and follow me on Instagram to get quicker updates of Fun-Hideout and you can leave comment there too!  ♥ ♥ ♥ 

0 comments: